~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 3/16 & 3/17

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 3/16 & 3/17
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 8:27am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out.  Weekends are for fun, too!

Woke up to a white blanket...again.  Winter seems to want to hang on this year.  We get one or two days of sap flow, and then back to cold again.  It ran like crazy yesterday....now probably won't run til Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.  Crazy.  And here my dad worked so hard to time the AZ trip for after sap.  At the rate it's going, he's going to miss two weeks of production, LOL.  Ah well, it is what it is.  I did see several gallon jars of syrup on his deck, waiting for final cookdown.

We have church this morning.  My dad is the speaker and he's written a first-person narrative featuring the story of Zechariah (and Elizabeth).  My mom will read the part of Elizabeth, and ds is the narrator and also Zechariah's "voice" for when he was unable to speak.  They've already headed off to church to practice.  In addition, ds is playing special music (Amazing Grace) on his violin, with myself and sister as accompaniment/back-up.  If he keeps his head about him, it should be nice.  That, and hold dd back from playing like she's the soloist, LOL.

Had an intriguing offer last night, from a fellow musician friend.  She wanted to know if I'd be interested in trading violin lessons for voice lessons.  I am definitely interested...with the voice lessons being for dd.  Not that I couldn't use them too, but she could use them more and has more potential for a career that involves singing.  We'll be pursuing the arrangement in the near future.  The lady teaches music (choir now but has had orchestra too) for the public school system and we've (or at least my mom has) known her for many years.  In addition, she was the mother in the recent production of Amahl, and now she's singing in the ecumenical choir in which I sing.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-16-2013 - 3:32pm

Just got back from bowling, lunch out, and grocery shopping.  I just finished adding up the receipt because I insisted it must be incorrect, but it is not:(  I did not intend to spend that much!  Still have the fruit to wash, but the rest is put away.

DH is offering support at a neighboring library that is releasing their recording, production, and video editing studios.  Word was that 2 other large libraries would be sending people  to check it out and DH would like that potential business! 

The pups are crazy happy to see us. Jumpy crazy happy!  It's like we've been gone all day.

Zeph is working on some math and he's got some history later too.  Laundry and ironing are calling me.   

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 9:56am

Declutter maddness has me trying to gain space back, over clutter everywhere. I started in my bedroom, and I did sleep better with less clutter on every furniture top, and floor. I did some office clean up but that will always be cluttery, but I felt better cleaning it and restacking the piles. I am ready for Spring clean, I guess. Same stuff here, working, taking care of people, yadda yadda. A few out commitments, but try to minimize them. I like to be home.

Heather  

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 11:08am

I'm running out today to pick up a light up gel ant farm for Zeph.  Solstice kind of snuck up on me and I'm working on his spring fling basket.  I also ordered Leaf Cutter Ants: Civilization by Instinct from our local bookstore.  I'm hoping it gets her by Wednesday.  I'd like to find some chocolate bugs or chocolate covered bugs, but I think that is a long shot.  I should stop by the regular grocery store and get eggs to color.  Being in a new house would an egg hunt more of a challenge rather than the same old places and the dogs might enjoy it!

Community Leader
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 8:16pm

Enjoyable relaxed Sunday here.  Both kids weren't home this morning, so I had some "practice" for when they're gone to AZ, LOL.  I did make it to the salon and my hair has been restored to its youthful brown, plus I got a trim so I feel lighter.  We attended an organ recital this afternoon (my mom was one of the organists playing on it) and then went to the new Olive Garden for ds' (early) birthday dinner.  Now it's Amazing Race time Smile  We were hoping for some Aurora watching but it looks like the storm is subsiding.  The kP number is low enough that we wouldn't be able to see anything here at least right now.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 9:33am
I saw some great photos of the Aurora...but did not see with my own eyes. It is rare to see it this far South and with so much light around to mess it up. Yet I have seen it this far South a time or two. I guess if you know what to look for and where, it helps to find it in the sky, even with light clutter in the air.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 9:58am

Glad you had a day to recharge!