~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 3/9 & 3/10

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 3/9 & 3/10
Sat, 03-09-2013 - 1:16am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out.  Weekends are for fun too!

Trying to parcel out my energy in little bits so I survive the weekend of midnights.  I'm already wishing this was my last shift, instead of the first of three.  Hopefully I'll sleep well today and maybe my attitude will be reformed by the time I come back to work tonight.  Then again...i have to get started on our taxes and that task looms ahead of me tonight.  Nope, no chance of having a better attitude tonight.  Sorry, LOL.

DD has a friend over, and ds is trying to keep himself entertained since dd is otherwise occupied with her friend.  She'd be happy to just have a social life and not do anything else, ever.  Ah, to be a teenager once again.  I'm old and grumpy and could care less about hanging out with friends...I have enough to do at home as it is, without going out and being friendly all the time Wink

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-09-2013 - 10:05am

Good morning.  We were up bright and early.  I think MIL slept okay.  The cat stayed with her all night.  The pups have been on excellent pup behavior. 

Zeph went to Fermi Lab bright and early to spread the last of the harvested seeds and then to hear a lecture on the raptors of Fermi Lab along with the natural food sources found on the restored prairie.  DH is going to hang out in the library there and do some work while he waits.  Zeph asked for a hearty breakfast to get him through the morning.  I made biscuits and  DH added over easy eggs, cheese, and ham to them.   I also made blueberry kale smoothies which MIL thought was weird.  After many years of her trying to get me to eat meat, she's on my turf now.  Veggies and fruit at every turn!   

My men folk will run errands on the way home.  I'm out of conditioner and I they need to stop at the bank.  Hoepfully they'll be home around 1.  MIL is going to visit my parents.  I'm staying home and working on laundry and ironing and to read a bit.  

Zeph had homework to build a realistic castle (he chose to use blocks)and to label the parts from one history program.  Another history program had him building a long ship and a caravel.  I think he did them out of Legos.  I'll need to admire those creations and see if he followed the rubrics. This afternoon he has some studying to do for the history bee and a some more to read for Lit Group. 

Tonight we are going out to eat with SIL/BIL.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-09-2013 - 4:56pm

My teen is the opposite. She is happy to entertain herself, and friends are less on her must have list, than time for Art work. Oh, the ways of the intreverted artistic types, and they way the world views them!  I know cause I have been similar, need personal time more than group time. I guess I love online "friends" because you are all so quiet to be around! Way less distracting than real life ones can be! I have a man working from home so I am ofcourse working to let him have that space. Plus I did a great number on him....How to frustrate an software/computer genuis....buy a different platform and ask him to sync it all together! Not Windows....oh no! It is a great learning experience for all! Heck I have learned a few things before him, scary.... yes I can do that! I think it will be great for the children to be exposed to many differing computer methods!  How to make smart little girls grow smarter....teach them better than either parent has learned! Encourage them but do not over praise, help them realize being female is a bonus never a regret, just as long as they have good health!

Yesterday I had headaches and brain shut down....for sure been learning to much new stuff and pushing myself hard! Today trying to rest just do easy dull life stuff...laundry, less electronics, more quiet hands on work! It has helped no headache today, but dh had one! :)

Heather      

Community Leader
Sat, 03-09-2013 - 10:14pm

Glad MIL got there safely to visit.  Hope you all have a good time.  How long will she be here?

Sue

Community Leader
Sat, 03-09-2013 - 10:17pm

LOL Heather that you baffled your computer whiz by buying a different platform and asking to get it synced with everything else.  Love it!  That's why every time dd asks for a Mac, the answer is no...I have no time for further computer issues and she hasn't even tried to help solve issues with her current computer (printer driver issue) so I know she wouldn't try to troubleshoot things with another machine.  So she's stuck with what she has.  She's a smart girl...if she really wants things to work, she'll figure them out just like I have, LOL.

Sue

Community Leader
Sun, 03-10-2013 - 11:37pm

DS should be sleeping very well tonight.  He was up early this morning to light the sap boiling fire, then off to sing at church, then lunch and a Cabela's shopping trip with his daddy, then right back out chopping wood and tending the fire the rest of the day.  

Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:44am

Sounds like he had a wonderfully exhausting day.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:46am
I understand now why artsy types prefer Mac. It is a very visual and intuitive platform. You just have to learn it's ways. The hardest part has been sync ing it with the IBM stuff and transfer of IBM info to Mac format. The nice thing is all the other Apple devices, phones and things sync super easy and fast. It is cool for pictures and visual graphics, even with me doing little there so far. So I like it but it is teaching and taxing me in the process. Seeing I come from more an IBM view of computer stuff. My middle daughter is trying hard to get to use it, but again I am growling. Yet, she almost always wins eventually. She has looked over my shoulder and told me what to do a time or two, seeing she is good with computers! Yet, trying to keep her away so I don't cave and let her touch it. You give in once and they see it as a green light forever! She almost always wins as she can wear on a tired person until you so FINE....and do it. Yet, she would teach me stuff faster, but I would rather learn at my own pace, for right now! Heather
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:58am
DH uses Sky drive and iCloud to sync his calendar, photos and emails between his Apple machines and our Windows machines. It is easy to use and doesn't take long to set up either. Zeph used iCloud to put his schedule into his iTouch since it is easier to type with a full keyboard than on the iTouch itself.

Community Leader
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 9:45am

Heather hbka20, LOL at middle girl wanting to use your new computer.  It's a losing battle...you might as well just give in Undecided  Ha ha, j/k.  Hopefully you'll be able to learn your computer at your pace.  I know you'll have it figured out eventually...you're not a hsing mom for nothing, after all Wink

Sue

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-13-2013 - 9:57am
Yeah, I like the cloud. DH is fighting with cloud thought. He does not like cloud. I figured our cloud while he was upset about it...but I left one thing wrong and it was causing a cloud cohesion problem and he figured out it was an old email account issue. So good he found that. Now I just need a whole day in office to get my cal. all in one computer so I can sync...but it will take one maybe two good office days for work/home/school....stuff to all be put into it. So right now still playing figure out the system more than use and work! As I have so much written on paper cal. done for this school year. Maybe I will leave out school cal till next year and just try home after school stuff on the new platform! YUCK! PAIN....YIKES. WORRRRRK extra? H.

Pages