~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 4/20 & 4/21

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 4/20 & 4/21
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 8:00am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  Weekends are for fun too!

Yay, the water is going down.  The big river crested at 28.4 feet this morning at 3, and you can see it's lower already than it was.  The dumpster in the park is visible now, LOL.  We went out flood gawking last night.  Seemed to be a popular activity...our little tiny town was crawling with cars, LOL. I suppose now I have to offer to help my momma move all her stuff back into the basement, right?  Isn't it good enough that I helped her carry it upstairs?  I think that should be just fine!  Course, I see that the weather says "the next chance for significant rain is Tuesday & Wednesday."  Um, hello, no.  We have no desire for rain, significant or otherwise.  At that point, the river will still be high and some low areas will still be flooded, to say nothing of the extreme ground saturation.  Let's just skip the rain completely for a week or so, OK?

The kiddos are off to church in a few minutes.  DS is part of a youth program today...singing a solo plus doing a reading.  I wish I were going to be there to hear him, but alas, it's my weekend to work.  Sigh.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 10:03am

Good morning.  How nice to wake up and see the sun shining!  Looks like we have a day or twor repreive of the rain.  Last night when we were ttrying to get to dance class, I had a difficult time because so many roads were closed.  I tried to come home a different way and that had even more detours.  Our park district is dalign wiht so much flooding that they are canceling spring classes in many of the outside venues.  I'm waiting to hear about tennis.

Dance, by the way was taught by 3 young men who were patient and funny.  I only watched part of the class.  They were in a glass walled studio...DS treally liked it.  Once again, he is in a class with  all boys.  I feel like he's in a boys only school sometimes.  A few weeks ago he came to me and asked how will he ever find a date when he's ready becasue he knows so few girls:)  The Civics calss I'm looking at next year is all boys too-by chance-and I bet his coop classes will be mostly boys due also.   

Today is DS's bowling league pizza party.  Afterwards he is coming home and relaxing  the rest of the weekend.  He's got some school to do, but none of it is taxing. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 1:48pm

Girls school here. They let me stay in bed till noon and fed me coffee and breakfast. So more care taking education going on at girls school. 

Now one wants me to be her drivers ed. instructor(not Dad please) so I gotta get ready for that. I am not feeling that great because I can't do physical therapy in the pool at a low level enough to not cause the next day to hurt. I did not even go in the big pool just the hot tub, to walk around and do the leg/knee exercises for therapy. So I am really tired and achy again today. I seem to wake up with headaches after physical therapy work day. Guess I am still not at rest enough, but I can't do more rest than this....just not gonna work. So if my body hits me with headaches and other stuff, guess I just suffer thru it. My range of motion is doing great in my knee, so it does work...even if the rest of my body is really angry for pushing the healing and movement more.  

So sitting under an unclean blanket cause it has not gotten washed since I am not doing the laundry. Dinners are prepackaged stuff I am being forced to live off of to not be in the kitchen to often. Kids are using my pain agaist me when I can't nag as much for them to get there work done. Lots of misery at home. Maybe a drive with a teen will be less stressful, just to get away. Heck body is stressy anyway....why not add a crazy drive with teen driver, just for fun to my resting time this weekend. LOL

I better heal fast because this lifestyle sucks for me.

Heather  

Community Leader
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 8:24am

LOL, poor Zeph, wondering how he'll meet girls when many of his activities involve boys!  My bet is that you won't be able to keep the girls away from him Laughing

Glad the break dancing was fun and a good class.  Hope your water will recede.  Ours is, finally, yay!

Sue

Community Leader
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 8:28am

Girls school and spoiling momma on a Saturday!  WTG Heather Wink  So sorry that your knee is still preventing even minimal activity.  Do you have a re-check scheduled at some point, to see how it's progressing?  

Sue

Community Leader
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 8:34am

Sunday, the sun's shining, and the water is receding.  My dad says it's no longer flowing all the way across his orchard area.  Should be safe to start moving things back to normal at his estate.  Even with some rain forecast for Tuesday, it's not significant enough to cause threat, at least on our river.  Yay!

DD got up early <gasp> and came to work with me.  Her friend is having a birthday brunch party this morning and will be picking her up shortly.  We've enjoyed coffee and breakfast together....as well as just hanging out together.  She's still wearing her favorite new hat that I crocheted for her while she was gone.  I may have to wash it soon Wink

Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 9:26am

While I am okay that he is not meeting girls right now-the 12 to14 ones we do know are boy crazy and I am stunned at their behavior, he is just confused-it is a situaiton we will need to address.  He does need to learn how to chat comfortably with them and work with them in a small group setting.  We'll figure it out, I've got time...

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 9:50am
Yeah my health care people know I will take care of myself, but they still demand to see/observe and talk to me about it all. I had an apt. prescheduled so they just added my new injury to the things to ask crazy citizen home school mom about this time. I am sure they spy on me anyway, seeing smart home school moms can be such a threat to their way of life, LOL. Not so much right now....when I can't walk enough and have to recover from the pain when I do anyway! H.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:00am
It is all confusing the hormones in this age group. My dd that age says boys do not know how to chat with her without picking on her, bothering her, running into her....literally. They all spend more time just looking at each other and talking about each other. Some kid called her a flirt, just because I have taught her to be a good conversationalist. She was only communicating not flirting...we talked about the difference. Yet she is a very cute kid, so sometimes boys think cute means any talking is flirting....but that is not true either. Then the mean girls....geez. I am glad she is very socially advanced as far as understanding what to ignore in mean girls for the most part, she did the right thing. Ignore behavior, change location to talk with different group of nicer kids, if it becomes a problem speak up, speak out...and she has no social communication problems so this is easy for her. So glad, because teaching that to kids with social communication issues is WAY difficult so she has been way easier with this sort of stuff. Mean kids stuff. Never easy....the social stuff in life. H.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:19am

Today is catch up day.  I am really going grocery shopping today.  The fridge demands it as do our stomachs!  I also want to take Frodo for a walk. DH is really going to deep clean the bathroom. 

My patient is still resting. His mood is better and his is coughing less, but it is still moist and crackly sounding.   The sun is shining, and that puts me in a good mood:) 

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:28am

What kind of crazy things do your doctors ask?  Zeph just saw a new (to us) member of the docs staff who didn't bat an eye when homeschooling came up.  She was personable and interested in establishing a raport with Zeph.  While I still prefer our doctor over her, I would see her again if needed.   Had I not liked her I could refuse further appointments with her.  Why do you continue to see a doctor who you don't seem to care for? 

Pages