~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 4/27 & 4/28

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 4/27 & 4/28
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 8:32am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out.  Weekends are for fun, too!

Yay, they're talking 70 for today!  Maybe we can open some windows and/or sit outside and enjoy warmth for a change!  We're off to church in a little bit...but looking forward to visiting a church in a different town (it may become a more permanent church for us even if it's farther to drive).  DD has a new dress, and a friend, so she's happy and if she's happy, we're all happy Wink

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 5:48pm

Technically it is not our yard as we are renting, but I think we are going to go with the "better to ask forgiveness than permission' route on these 2 projects...  The deck is levled and half of it is raised to the second story and underneath is perfect to put down decking and a tarp for a club house.  It'll be a great spot to hang out once we add a couple of chairs and some kind of storage cabinet.  The firepot area needs is sloped and needs to be fixed along with some stumps for seats (where do you buy stumps?) and one of those outdoor grills.  I think both projects will happen. 

The Bee is in early June.  I need to figure out where we are stopping to sight see as the list keeps getting longer. There isn't time for it all.

I am proud of DH and happy that he chose this company even though the inital paycut was tough.  That should improve.  He's really good at his stuff and it is good for him to be getting recogniiton.  My dad goes to work every ay to a job he hates and it has aged him.  DH having a passion for his job helps keep him young- that and breakdancing:)  

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 5:38pm

I'm speechless at that woman's judgmentalness!  Doesn't she know what a strong determined survivor your DD is?  It is her loss if she does not get to know K1.  

Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 9:56am

I ended up doing odds and ends yesterday...got a lot done.  The weather ended up chilly/dampish, so not very pleasant for outdoors.  It was over 60 but just didn't feel nice, certainly not nice like Saturday was (or today will be).  That's ok, my list was lengthy enough as it was, without adding anything outdoors.  DS and DH did more furniture assembly and got dh's desk done.  Now they have to put together the hutch to go on it, and filing cabinet.  We went out to eat (Qdoba) for dinner, with some of dd's friends along.  It was nice to meet them finally, after several months of her hanging out with them.

In an interesting note...there's a guy she kind of likes and he kind of likes her (as in, they like each other, but nothing official).  His parents stalked her facebook.  She has pictures of herself, of course.  She's a teen.  She's not out there bragging about her emotional problems, nor is she hiding things either.  Well evidently this guy's parents stalked her facebook page and have already decided that they don't like her, without ever meeting her or hearing her story or how far she's come.  Over the weekend they were talking on the phone, and his mother came in his room, saw him on the phone, and asked (very audibly) if he was "talking to that f-ed up little whore".  Um....well, ok then.  That was really nice.  I'd gladly give her a piece of my mind, about not judging books by their covers, about Christians (which she purports to be) and their language, and about being nice to people...but I really can't spare pieces of my mind that I know won't be put to good use anyway.  We did have a little chat about "relationship red flags" and family relationships as relates to dating, etc.  She did say that this boy is very nice and never speaks negatively of his mother, despite her frequent similar behaviors and despite the fact that she likes to try to control his life (she wants him to become a priest!!!!!).  Anyway, that was my "oy" moment for the weekend, LOL.  I figured you all could appreciate it.

Sue

Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 9:48am

turtleemom wrote:
<p>Good morning.  Hopefully we will make a decision about whether or not to build a firepit area. DS wants a 'clubhouse'  under the deck so we'll price out lumber for that too. Oh, I definitely think a firepit and a clubhouse are needed.  Who do I need to speak with about this?  Oh, wait...it's your yard.  Never mind, LOL. We had hoped to go for a bike ride today, but DH is sore form breakdancing yesterday with DS. Sorry, but bwahahahaha.  Did your dh find out he's not quite as young as he'd thought he was, hee hee? Happy news, yesterday the money fairy showed up.  My ILs surprised us with a check to help pay for travel to and from the History Bee which was very much appreciated and unexpected. Awesome!  That certainly "sweetens the pot" for the trip!  So excited for you guys.  Remind me again, when is the Bee?  After a talk with his boss and the COO,  DH is excited about his new position.  It's a big step up since he's only been with them for a year.  Details to be ironed out the begining of May.  He's happy and I'm happy he's being noticed and appreciated and we get to stay put! Yay for the promotion.  I hope it will bring even more job satisfaction for your dh.  It's so nice when our spousal units are recognized for who they are and what they have to offer.  Puts a smile on my face, anyways, when it happens.        </p>

Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 8:48am

My dad was surprised as we got to the restaurant.   The service was outstanding and the food delicious.  The salad bar( which is not what we think of as a salad bar) had so many choices that I ame home stuffed.  The meast smelled fabulous and DH said that all the seasonings were different.  Zeph was thrilled to have 3 servers around him all offering giant cuts of meat at once-my carnivore. He finally got to try lamb chops and leg of lamb.  We shared creme brulee, key lime pie, and papaya cream for desert.  All fantastic.  The service alone justified the price.   My dad really enjoyed himself.

Today DH is going to cut and then paint new lattice.  He mentioned vacumming the cars too. We're planning on taking the pups for a walk after DS and I go grocery shopping.  DS is cooking tonight and has to have a list of ingredients for his shopping while I do my shopping.  Right now he is working on homework.   I've got more laundry and dishes to tackle.  My goal is 5 loads of laundry and 2 runs of the dishwasher.  Completely doable:)  

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 5:45pm
Do a little, rest a little is my weekend plan, if I like it or not. Plus a Piano recital! H.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 8:56am

Good morning.  We're in for some spring weather too.  HIgh 60s and sunny.  DH plans to fertilzie and seed the yard.  Hopefully we will make a decision about whether or not to build a firepit area. DS wants a 'clubhouse'  under the deck so we'll price out lumber for that too.  Oh and we neeed to check into fencing to keep the pups out of the mud pit garden.  

We had hoped to go for a bike ride today, but DH is sore form breakdancing yesterday with DS.  We wound up moving the furniture to make a studio and watched tutorials on the TV.  DH joined in with some of the floor work.  By the end of it, DS was able to do a god 6 step and now needs to work on the speed.  He's enjoying his class and it is a workout.  I'm hoping to dust the family and dining rooms and finish cleaning the upstairs baseboards.  Laundry is going and after it is done, the dishwasher will have a turn. 

Tonight we are tasking my dad to a Brazilian steakhouse for his birthday.  I hope he likes it.  DH and DS are beside themselves with excitement about a meal of meat. 

Happy news, yesterday the money fairy showed up.  My ILs surprised us with a check to help pay for travel to and from the History Bee which was very much appreciated and unexpected.  After a talk with his boss and the COO,  DH is excited about his new position.  It's a big step up since he's only been with them for a year.  Details to be ironed out the begining of May.  He's happy and I'm happy he's being noticed and appreciated and we get to stay put!