~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 5/11 & 5/12

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 5/11 & 5/12
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 8:45am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out.  Weekends are for fun, too!

I looked at the weather forecast and there are snowflakes on it.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????  Crazy!  What happened to summer, LOL?  OK, I know, this is MI and we can have anything, anytime.  We'll be moving planter baskets into the garage tonight, for the next couple of nights, and covering a couple of things that are planted but too heavy to move.  Sigh.

We're off to church shortly, after an "oops" fruit smoothie.  As I poured the juice into the blender, I realized that it was grapefruit juice, not orange juice, LOL.  It was still good...we all like grapefruit juice...just different.  It was banana, strawberry, kiwi, mango, and grapefruit, served with egg mugs and a hash brown patty.  I know, I'm ambitious some mornings, LOL.

I also have a rehearsal for the Vivaldi Gloria, so that will mostly comprise my worship today.  DD has a friend coming over this afternoon and overnight, and then tomorrow our families will get together for Mother's Day (the friend's dad has gone back to CA for a job and they're waiting to move until after school is out).  I think ds and I will have another crochet date, watching documentaries about Australia and working on our projects.  (We're currently finishing Australia for school and there were things, like Uluru--Ayers Rock-- that fascinated him.  We haven't encountered that yet in the docu's we watched, but found some other really interesting thing.  I need a money tree so we can go on a really terrific vacation!!!)

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 9:20am

What's an egg mug?

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 9:33am

Eeks!  I forgot to run the dishwasher last night so it is going now.  Company is coming and I will have a stack of dishes by the time they leave.  Mom and Grandma are visiting today to celebrate Mother's Day.  I'm serving tomato basil quiche and a bacon swiss quiche with a fresh fruit platter (though I don't want to share the strawberries-large orgainc deliciousness)  and cranberry scones. 

The pups always watch me unload the groceries.  They know those bags mean food. Sometimes there is a carrot in there for them.  The bagger put my plants in grocery bags.  The dogs watched me take the plants out and put them on the entetainment center( out of the cat's reach) and the dogs just sat and barked at them.  I'm pretty sure they thought they were food.   I let them sniff the plants but they tried to eat them.  Silly pups, those are for the Grandmas. 

Tonight we're watching Snow White.  Zeph's never seen it.  Before we go to Disney, we're catching up on Disney films-one or two a month.      

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 11:17am

I need to do office work today, so messy in here. Yet...I have no motivation. I am tired, even after sleep. There is work every where I look, and if I don't manage the workers nothing gets done, and I am not motivated even for that today. I think I may go hide in my room. My teen is bugging me, she is stressy...end of school year stuff I guess, she wont say. Maybe hormones rolled in with it. My social butterfly girl is not here, her prefered place to be, out there! I did play dough fun with the youngest at breakfast....make it yourself breakfast (or a prepackaged bar) and I made the coffee. I need to make a grocery list/run. Again no motivation....tired, over worked....yadda yadda. I need motivation and it is not here. Nor is it something I can purchase at target. I wish it were that easy, to be motivated!  The kitchen is a mess again...I don't wanna deal with it. The laundry over flows....I don't wanna deal with it. Today....I don't wanna deal with it! 

We bought some flowers and some dirt...I don't even wanna deal with it, today.

Heather  

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 8:20pm
Just trying to be a sloth today. Then I decided I wanted chocolate pudding but did not have a mix. I did have a box of tapioca, so decided to try making a Vegan tapioca chocolate pudding. It is cooling so I can eat it and decide if it taste ok absent eggs or milk. Casava root pudding, had to look up what the heck tapioca is, or comes from, very interesting tid- bit of information I now know. Root so for sure a starch veggie table then used fruit juice, less sugar, cocoa and a few Tbs of Almond milk....hope I like it, after it cools!
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 5:03pm
Happy Mother's Day friends and co-workers, wish I could pass out chocolate so here....have imagination chocolate#####YUM@@@@@@!!!!! H.
Community Leader
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 1:59am

turtleemom wrote:
<p>What's an egg mug?</p>

Here is just a sampling of the deliciousness known as EGG MUG!  I rarely even follow a recipe, now that I know the basic formula...I've made all sorts of concoctions from Things that Lurk in My Refrigerator.  (I love all things Hungry Girl.  You have my permission to peruse the website, sign up for her daily emails, and/or purchase her cookbooks!  DS made all of my Mother's Day treats from her cookbooks...the recipes are that easy to follow.)

Sue

Community Leader
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 2:08am

hbka20 wrote:
Happy Mother's Day friends and co-workers, wish I could pass out chocolate so here....have imagination chocolate#####YUM@@@@@@!!!!! H.

Sure glad you posted a greeting for Mother's Day, because I totally had a brain skip and didn't think about doing it myself Embarassed Oopsie!  I hope everyone had a terrific, relaxing day.  I know I did.  My church gig in the morning went well, and when I got home ds informed me that he was making me lunch whether I wanted it or not LOL.  He made me a delicious avocado burger, and an apple parfait.  (Some girl is going to love the fact that he can cook and even follow a recipe!)  I relaxed and supervised vegetable cutting in the afternoon, and then had a lovely visit with our friends that came for Mother's Day.  (They brought Filipino food...pancit and spring rolls Smile)  We managed to save a bit of room for ice cream after our cookout, at the newest shop near our house.  My gifts were ceramic items that are still in the kiln (LOL), a Christopher & Banks gift card, and some hanging flower bags that I strongly hinted that I would like, so that I have something pretty to see when I sit on my back deck or look out the windows in that direction.  (There are flowers planted, but they're all lower than deck level, so not very visible from in the house or when seated on the deck.)

Sue