Not such great news right now
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 09-28-2010 - 12:40am|
I probably should have waited to share my news, but dd was so excited she told everyone...and now it's looking like she may be headed for a miscarriage. Not for sure yet, but she has been spotting since Saturday, and it's not getting better. We were up at our cabin over the weekend and spent 5 hours in the ER, where she had an ultrasound and blood work to check her hormone levels. Today we followed up with her OBGYN (whom she hadn't even seen yet - 1st appt. was to be mid-October), and the fetus is measuring at 5.5 weeks when she should be at 7.5. Her hormone levels weren't consistent with a 7.5 week pregnancy, but the key is if they have doubled in the last 2 days. If the results of today's blood test don't show that, it will probably mean the baby has stopped growing.
Dd has been so upset and scared. After today, she is preparing herself for the worst. The timing was actually terrible, as she has 2 tests this week in her microbiology class. The professor is very strict and basically accepts NO excuses for missing tests, even though dd got a doctor's note just in case. She has decided to withdraw from the class and petition the dean's office to consider it a "drop" rather than a withdraw, which looks bad on the transcript for nursing school. I think she's making the right decision. I can't imagine having to focus on studying for 2 major tests right now. Nursing school was on hold anyway, with her plans to start a family.
Would appreciate positive thoughts for her - there's a chance that she still has a viable pregnancy, but I'm thinking the chance is more likely that she doesn't. And my heart is breaking for her!