Reply to Tooner2006

Community Leader
Reply to Tooner2006
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 5:53pm

Sorry, I'll C&P my response here so you can read it.

"No, not closing up...this board is experiencing more problems than many other boards but its not dead yet. Some of them are chugging along almost like before, as the redirects start working and reading and replying issues get resolved and people figure out that things are okay. The drop-off in activity happened 2 years ago at the format change and the board came back busier than before. I suspect that many people are waiting for the dust to settle before resuming normal board activities.

Please don't even hint that its over or that you're leaving. As a former CL and founder of this board, and as a CL in general, I cannot tell you how disheartening it is to read things like that. We put so much effort and emotional energy into growing a board community--which is why I still visit here even though I don't have CS' in the same sense that most of you do. Its frustrating for us too when these problems occur, when the members get upset, but we have to remain committed to the mission of maintaining the community. You can see that our Moderator Lisa is here to answer questions and lend support and act as liason between the board and the tech team. I believe that it will all get straightened out soon. If you're finding the boards too frustrating right now then take a break for a few days then check back to see if all is back to normal."

Now I'd like to clarify that the migration occured on Monday 10/15 so its been just over 4 days; and its not like they locked the door and left town overnight....they gave us a heads up that a migration would be occuring (although most members likely forgot about that, because it got delayed for many weeks), and then since the relaunch the moderator has been on the board daily giving updates or telling us where to go for more info. In other words they are trying to fix the problems and asking for patience; and since I can see replies etc I can tell you that there has been progress, things are a lot better than they were on Monday evening but obviously still need much improvement. To put it in perspective, if your CS told you that he had been working on an engineering challenge for 4 whole days and couldn't resolve all of the problems yet, so he was bailing out...you'd likely tell him that big projects frequently encounter bugs and "slippage", to keep working on it and have confidence that he would eventually get it done.

What browser are you using? Have you tried using an alternate browser? Or are you using a tablet/mobile device?  Which OS? Can you reply to any posts? I think that they need to know specifics of the problems that members are having so they can zero in on where to fix things.

Community Leader
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 12:41pm

Awesome Post!!!

Lorie CL for Heart Health

Nightangel