Talk to your teens fast!
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 08-09-2012 - 12:22pm|
A very sad, sad story in a town close to where I live. Google "Brett Finbloom". I large article was in our paper this morning. This boy died of alcohol poisoning, he was 18.
I did purchase the book "Buzzed" and have it sitting around for DS to read (which he has, but he doesn't think I know), and I will be sending it off to school with him. We did talk about "shots" and "jello shots". This article really hit my point home.
"Buzzed" is a non-pontificating book about alcohol and other drugs. I think they at least need to be aware of these drugs that will probably be offered to them. The author stated that he begged his daughters to never, ever take ecstacy of any of the drugs as it permantely alters the chemistry of the brain.
Well, I've been a bit blue since reading this story, and my heart goes out to the whole family.