Dyspraxia and schooling
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:31pm|
My 4yo son has been in OT for 1.5 years to work on dyspraxia and related sensory processing issues. I'm thinking ahead to kindergarten and am starting to freak out. Would anyone mind sharing their experience with how their dyspraxic kid handled school (at any age)?
* Use a 504 plan to get them accommodations?
* Use an IEP to get them services?
* Send them to a special needs program specifically for dyspraxia (we actually do have one at a local elementary)?
* Did you eventually pull them out for homeschooling?
* Private school with a smaller class size?
So many options- that's why I'm looking into it now...
Thanks for your time!