Parenting Adolescent Discussion Group for ISU Student (Please Help)
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 11-19-2013 - 4:49pm|
My name is Maggie and I am a student at Illinois State University and I was just given an assignment due tomorrow on parenting adolescents. If any of you could answer all or even a few of these questions that would help me so much! Thank you for your time!
1. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area? How does living in such an area present a challenge to you as parent?
2. What types of disputes do you experience with your teen?
3. What coping mechanisms do you use to deal with these disputes?
4. What are your feelings about your teen getting into steady romantic relationships?
What guidelines or rules will you (or have you) established?
5. What are your feelings about your teen and part-time work?
6. What types of changes have your experienced as a result of parenting a teen?
7. What are your feelings about the friends of your teens?
Do you have guidelines or expectancies that you share with your teen regarding their friends?
8. Do you feel that your teen respects your decisions? Why or why not?
9. Do you feel that being a teen is more or less stressful than your own teen experience?
10. What words of advice would you give to an individual just starting to parent a teen?