3/19 Thrifty Thursday

iVillage Member
3/19 Thrifty Thursday
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 12:26pm
What have you done in the way for frugal living this week? If you were not very frugal, what did you do that was unfrugal?
Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 4:53pm

DD is on spring break this week. We had thought about going to a movie, but there really aren't any out right now appropriate for a 7 yo. So, today our local library was showing Horton Hears a Who...free admission plus free popcorn! Yesterday I worked, and DH was home with DD....they went to a local park/gardens with lots of walking trails. (Free...um, except for the real maple syrup they bought! DD had been there on a field trip during maple syrup days, so she was really wanting some syrup from the shop. It WAS delicious last night on homemade pancakes...and it was cheaper than a meal out!) Monday, we went to the local zoo ($6.25 admission for both of us...plus 50 cents to feed goats...but we took a picnic lunch). So I'm happy dd has been entertained frugally all week.

I haven't eat out/bought coffee or pop all week...though tomorrow dd and I will go out to lunch at Subway...she has a free sub coupon from school, so that will save some $$.

I'm going to get groceries tonight...have my list all made out and meals planned.

That's all I can think of right now :)

Julie
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 5:22pm
With it starting to get warm out again instead of getting in the van we are walking to the library.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 6:00pm

• decided that it was better for us to be on a two week budget!! So far so good on sticking to the budget.

• planned my shopping list for groceries better.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 11:11pm

I live in the country about 20 minutes from a city either direction.

~Ginger~
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 5:01pm

not the best week for me the only thing was eating dinners at home all week

the most unfrugal week that just say already into a $300 or more tub surround remodel which is in the just starting phaseand no where complete,the truck needs a lower ball joint replaced and the truck needs another state inspection once done with a bunch of light bulbs were burnt out and need replaced,the laptop needed a new power cord and harddrive,I think the gas just for the truck this week was around $100 and I still have more driving to important appts tonite and tomorrow. I still need a few items from the store yet like toliet paper

of course the dog got a bath at the groomers for $25 but the dog loses too much hair to give him a bath in the house not to mention the dog needs a vet check up and more dog food along with anything the vet finds needed

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 9:07am

Surely there are at least a few others who have done some frugal things this past week???

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-24-2009 - 4:17pm

I didn't buy ANYTHING at Kohls even though I had a coupon! This is huge for me. I LOVE Kohls. And they send you all these coupons... ahhhh....

DH broke his sandals while we were cleaning out the garage.. he has exactly one pair, so we headed to Kohls to replace them w/our coupon. He asked me if I wanted to look for anything for me and I said NO! Huge improvement for me :)

We also had a frugal spring break (after our initial hotel weekend). We pretty much stayed home and the kids played outside and DH and I did some spring cleaning.... and of course watched the never-ending basketball games. I bought DH a special treat... chicken wings from Aldi's ($2.99 for a whole box vs I don't even know what at KFC or some other place).

We did go out to eat on Friday as a reward for my kids doing lots of reading during spring break, but we all had water to drink and went to an inexpensive place.

Jill