Hope everyone had great success w/their July goals! Please
Purple= mid month, Blue= end of month
1. Declutter entire house and garage. This is going to be an all month project. I am done, only I didn't get to 2 closets, but I am fine with that...I have a few things to go in the attic, but it will be cleaner once I go back to work and can take all my school things with me.
2. Get ready for a garage sale in late July, early August Same with #1, an all month project, just started it today, so I am a little behind. Did great at the yard sale, about $150 dollars profit.
3. Stick to the budget. Trying really hard on this one. Still plugging away at this.
4. Enjoy the free things that we have to do with Johnathon and James. Loving the zoo and metropark! Having some great times at the park bike riding with friends and family.
I did ok....
1. Get our house painted (we're doing this ourselves with help from family)--- also not have anyone injured!!
**This is still in the almost done category, there's some side trim that needs done but from the street it looks great! LOL**
2. Grocery excile as long as possible. We need to be saving since we are doing all this home improvement stuff.
*** Did very well with this, our groceries for the month was $394, which included a lot of fresh stuff. And is waaaay less than 2009. I was beating myself up for having such a high budget for groceries, until I looked back a few months and esp. a year ago, we were at at least $500 every month. Baby steps. And my pantry has cleaned up nicely!**
3. Do fun free stuff with the kids now that baseball is over. Unfortunately Iowa is all underwater so a lot of our state parks are closed, but I think we can find some other places. This weekend we are camping in the one dry spot in town.. our backyard!
*** We've done a lot of this. Did camping in the back yard, hiked and picnic at a park, and lots of trips to the free beach. We also went to the swimming pool by our house which is waaay cheaper than the other ones. I think the kids have enjoyed it without evening knowing that we're cutting back***
4. Stick to my plan of one big goal per week. I'm hoping to just build on these and not just do it for a week and then back out.
*** yeah, I got up to two goals and kind of quit. Need to get back on this!
5. Stick to the envelope system. It works well for us when we do it!
***Did for groceries.
6. Keep up my training for the half marathon I'm doing in Oct. I did a 20k (which is 12.4 miles) in June. Would like to finish a bit stronger, but of course my main goal is just to finish upright :)
** Going well. **
1. get stuff done for Mom's Club since I am Nursery Chairperson and there is a lot of little things needing done