January Goals

iVillage Member
January Goals
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 2:46pm

Do you have specific goals that you'd like to accomplish in January? What are your plans for getting them done?

Here's what I will be working on this month.........

1. Shopping exile. This will include groceries, nonfood items, clothes, etc. In the grocery dept., I will only buy what is absolutely necessary--dairy, fresh produce, to name a few. Even that I want to keep to a minimum. I'll be trying to stay out of the other stores so I'm not tempted by any *deals that are too good to pass up*!

2. Work on the budget to come up w/amounts for monthly vehicle savings & our *itemized savings* for some budget categories.

3. Start on the FAFSA and taxes. While 18ds is home, I want him to finish his part. I'm planning on filing it before our taxes are done; there is a *will file* option. But I'll still need an estimate of our income.

4. Get back into my workout routine. I've been seriously slacking the past 2 weeks. Got a start on this by meeting a friend at the Y this a.m. (It was open for a few hours.)

5. Work on de-cluttering my laundry room.

Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 8:14am

Okay this month I am working on:
1. keeping the extra hundred in savings which will be a total of 112 (888 to go).
2. Not letting DH take me to work and me not taking him to school. So we can save on gas.
3. walk-jog 3-4 times a day. :)

jessica

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 9:19am

My goals this month are to:

1. Work on staying within our weekly allowance and having some left over.

2. Plan our meals based on food already in the freezer and pantry.

3. Work out on Wii Fit everyday at least 20-30 minutes.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 9:35am

For January my goals are:

Financial

save $150 in EF and $150 in vacation fund (VF)

create a year plan with a loose budget for vacations and special occasions-DH and I typically have

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 9:37am

I am going to work on 3 things this month:

1. Sticking to the budget.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 6:49pm

1. Develop a budget plan. Last year I just spent and tried not to spend "too much;" this year I plan to have a number. I was thinking about setting a goal of _% of last year's spending (just don't know what % yet). I track several categories: Grocery (Food); Household Supplies; Eating Out; Gas; Vehicle Maintenance; Gas; Electric; School; and Other.

2. Start tracking clothing spending. I've considered this "Other" but think I need to get a better handle on it.

3. Do the FAFSA. I'm dreading this. Even though it's for DH's school, I'm the money person so I'll inevitably do it. Ugh.

4. Do taxes. Of course, I have to wait until the end of the month when we have all of our stuff.

5. Start saving $25 biweekly (gotta start somewhere, right?). I had my bank set up a transfer from the checking into the savings the day after pay day.

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 7:58pm

my goals this month are

have hubby move the dryer into the same room in the basement and add a door into that other room so it is warmer down there (the laundry area was the summer kitchen area in the basement) and the dryer is in the other room where the furance is which makes no sense

keep up the general house cleaning which means the kirchen gets cleaned daily and use the small sweeper to clean every nite before the the girls bedtime and have the girls help keep their toys picked up when done playing with them

make better use of meal planning and using things from the cupboards/freezer instead of going to the grocery store for dinners that we do not need since it was not planned out

get a better schedule for the week so I am not wasting gas/trips that are not needed until I am going in that direction (basically figure out how to use the 3 hours I have 3 mornings a week in that area vs coming home then returning)

gather everything for taxes and get those done(self employed)

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 8:37pm

3. walk-jog 3-4 times a day. :)

I hope you mean per week! 'Cause otherwise that is a LOT of walk/jogging!!! Love to see people w/fitness goals!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 8:42pm

I feel your pain on the FAFSA. I have to do get 18yo ds to do his part and then also do the parents' part. I HATE THAT THING!!! Been doing it yearly since 2002. Sometimes doing the parental part TWICE in the years that 2 kids were in college! YUCK!!!

I was thinking about setting a goal of _% of last year's spending (just don't know what % yet).

My suggestion would be to start small, maybe 5%. You can always increase the %age if you find that 5% is really easy. Imho, personally, if I started to high and later had to decrease, I'd feel like I'd failed, kwim?? But that is just me, lol!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 8:45pm

gather everything for taxes and get those done(self employed)

We have this to do too. Dh has basically been self-employed for part of the year. Some of his side jobs during this union lay-off will be sending 1099s. Mostly I'll have to be nagging--I mean, gently demanding, lol!--to dh to get the info together so we can work on the taxes. My goal this month is to have the biggest majority together so that when the 1099s come in, we're ready to file.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 9:59pm

1. Stay on my good habits once work starts again (Monday)

2. Exercise in the mornings

3. Stay in our cash budget and only write checks for groceries

4. Stay focused at work and then leave on time

5. Only go out to eat twice

April

mom to Maggie and Andrew

April

mom to Maggie and Andrew

Pages