What do you hope to accomplish this month?
I'll be back to post mine later. I was gone for the weekend and haven't thought about what I want to do in May yet.
CL Shoestring Budgeting
CL Frugal Families
another simple goal month
1. get my truck inspected and make it legal it was due in march got part of it done last month
2 get kitchen remodel finished and livingroom back to no kitchen stuff boxes in there I am geting a little annoyed I must go on a hunt to find basics to make a meal since the boxes are a mess from using stuff /emptying the dishwasher into a box
1. Quit burying head in sand regarding grocery spending and cut $100 from last month's total.
2. Work on my own closet: decluttering and organizing.
1. cut take out/eating out budget. we went way over last month.
1. Find $500 out of regular budget for May challenge.
2. Declutter---Get rid of the 2 stacks of papers that I never went through in April. Make a decision about bag of vhs kid movies that has been sitting in my laundry room forever. *Encourage* dh to go through some stuff in the garage. Have 18yo finish ripping music from my cds once he's home for the summer (later this week).
May is a busy month for us w/some campouts and lots of end-of-school-year extra activities, so I'm keeping my to-do list short.
My goals this month:
1. To pay off the HELP Loan
2. To save as much as possible
1. Get the garden planted. We're making it much bigger this year and need to get it dug up and then transplant our seeds from inside (but can't do the last part 'til toward the end of the month).
2. Keep up with the sleep training. When DH is done with school (mid-month), we will be putting Alexis back to sleep in her crib when she wakes up each night (instead of moving her to our bed) - and by we, I mean I will wake him up (b'cuz he somehow sleeps thorugh it), and he will put her back to sleep.
3. Use the Wii to burn 2604 calories (average of 20 mins/day).
4. Walk or ride bikes as a family at least 6 nights per week (weather permitting).
5. Plan trip to Cedar Point - including getting permission from the parents of the kiddos we want to take with us, make camping reservations, etc.
My goals this month:
My list is evolving as the month progresses but this is what I have:
- stick to our new DH lay off budget
- organize and take all the clothes my DDs have outgrown to the tag sale taking place at MILs condo development this weekend.
- plan summer activities/schedule for