Mid-month goal check

iVillage Member
Mid-month goal check
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 7:57pm

How's it going w/your July goals?

I'm doing ok.......

1. Do fun things w/the kids! Been doing lots of board games, couple of trips to the library, went to a few free movies so far this month, splurged on some ice cream deals at Sonic, went to a Cardinals game & have tickets to another later in the month, did 2 nights of fireworks displays around the 4th, dh took them to visit their cousins one day over the holiday weekend.

2. Plan for the family for when I'll be in CA (meals, logistics of who needs to be where when, etc.) And then

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 7:10pm

1.Finish my quilt -this will be on going until it is finished! - Not going to happen. I have actually decided to put it away for a while because it is just too hot to keep on my lap for any extended period of time.

2. Purge my books- This is my main decluttering goal this month.

siiy 2009

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 9:32am

My goals are

1. Get our house painted (we're doing this ourselves with help from family)--- also not have anyone injured!!
****Almost done, just working on trim. Still praying for no injuries!!***

2. Grocery excile as long as possible. We need to be saving since we are doing all this home improvement stuff.
****Have been doing a decent job with this, still needs some work though, I know that I can do better!***

3. Do fun free stuff with the kids now that baseball is over. Unfortunately Iowa is all underwater so a lot of our state parks are closed, but I think we can find some other places. This weekend we are camping in the one dry spot in town.. our backyard!
***We did camp in the backyard which was a HUGE hit. We also planned out a couple more little vacations for the rest of the summer, possibly going to a state park on Friday, we have tickets to an amusement park I think we're going in August and the Omaha Zoo one weekend. (this is not free, but pretty cheap) We'll also hit the "beaches" (in Iowa this means by a lake, not the ocean!) a few more times as weather permits. ***

4. Stick to my plan of one big goal per week. I'm hoping to just build on these and not just do it for a week and then back out.
****I have done two goals so far. Still a work in progress!***

5. Stick to the envelope system. It works well for us when we do it!
****Doing this for groceries. Will do for everything starting this next week. ***

6. Keep up my training for the half marathon I'm doing in Oct. I did a 20k (which is 12.4 miles) in June. Would like to finish a bit stronger, but of course my main goal is just to finish upright :)
****This is going well so far. Found a good training plan online and I think it will work well for me. ***

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 8:37pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 8:17pm
my goals this month are

1. get stuff done for Mom's Club since I am Nursery Chairperson and there is a lot of little things needing done

finally made some progress in this but still have more to do but should be done soon I need to go thru the craft box

Becky