Who made New Year's resolutions for 2003

iVillage Member
Who made New Year's resolutions for 2003
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 12:24pm
Just got thinking more about my resolution lately, and it got me wondering how many people make them, and how many keep to them.

Who made resolutions last January? How did you do? You've still got a couple of months left, it's not too late....are you going to try & meet your goals before the year is up?

What was your resolution? What have you done, or did you break it right away with no plans to re-resolve? LOL.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 3:32pm
I did, I did!!! I'm mostly a lurker here, but wanted to post on this one;-) My resolution was to lose 15 pounds this year. I have lost 35+ lbs!!!! I basically started working out, eatting better and controlling my poritions. I'm so happy that this year I struck to my resolution!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 4:52pm
Oh, ME ME! I made a resoultion last year to loose weight and I am down over 100lbs! woohoo! I think my new years resoultion will be to pay off 2 out of the 3 credit cards that we have- that is right around $10000 of debt! We have a total around $21000. I would like to pay almost 1/2 of that down in a year. At our current rate we will have it paid off in 4 years, 2 years would be awesome. Some other resolutions would be to spend more time with my dh and maybe take a college class or something (BIG maybe) who knows...

--Donna

--Donna- CPS tech and mom to Emily Anne 8/31/01

Connect-The-Tots.org
Donna- Mom to Emily 8/31/01 Miscarried 8/16/05 CPS TECH and Child Care Provider

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 5:00pm
My resolution for this year was to "avoid Walmart", and I've kept it! Recognizing that it's the closest store to my home and that I like their film processing, I said avoid, rather than stop going altogther. I've been maybe 4 times since January! I've started patronizing smaller, customer-friendly shops, and couldn't be happier. This is one resolution that's permanent.

Donna
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 5:04pm
AWESOME! So glad for you, doesn't it feel great?!

Congratulations!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 5:06pm
You GO, girl! You must be grinning with pride! Wow, if you can drop 100 lbs, I have faith that you can tackle that debt too! Good luck to you!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 5:08pm
Donna, that's a super resolution - and a hard one to keep! I might have to run that one by dh for us for next year, I so like the idea of going to local, preferably non-chain businesses....wonder if it's time to really put my money where my mouth is?

Good for you!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 5:23pm
This is the first year ever that I seriously made a resolution, and I'm surprised (and proud) to say, I've really taken off with it! My resolution was to be more environmentally responsible - little did I know back in January how involved that would become for me!

I now make my own cleansers, cloth diaper, read labels/use more enviro. friendly products, recycle much more actively, try to cook from scratch as much as possible (both to decrease pollution from all the packaging in processed foods & for health), eat waaaaay less meat, and purchase less "stuff" - don't want to contribute any more to the landfill than I have to. Most of this doesn't sound like big stuff, but it sure has been a major lifestyle change for us!

I'm thinking about composting now...gosh, the more I learn, the more I want to change! My poor dh's head is just spinning from all of it! LOL

It does feel good though, nearly every day, to know that at least I am doing what I can, and my girls are hopefully learning it too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2003 - 11:46pm
my resolution was to be more organized and I've done really well! I feel like most of my house and life is organized and going well--I have one room in my house that is my "junk/ebay/craft" room and it is a total disaster, but the rest of my house is really neat :) This sounds dumb, but, it brings me joy every day to look in my cabinets and drawers and see them neat...and to know where everything is, to be able to find things right away---is so nice!

Sara
WAH Momma to Nicholas 4-7-01 and Katherine 3-9-05

Baby Slings

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 7:34am
I think the only resolution I made was the ever popular lose weight.

And I have. I am now 17lbs lighter than last December. I don't know how. I haven't done anything different. Other than to move from AL to NY, everythings the same. If anything, I work out less now than I did last year.

Hey, if it works, I'm not gonna knock it :-)
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2003 - 7:36am
That's a good new resolution. If you don't mind, I may just resolve to do that as well. Pay off two of my four credit cards...the bigger two. One is $3000, the other is $1500 (the other two are only $200 each and have lower APRs).

Pages