iVillage Member
menu for this week 2/14
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 1:06pm

okay what are your menus for this week

Sunday pasta nite with garlic bread

monday chicken and unknown sides

tuesday something with ground meat

wed-sat is undecided but at least a breakfast for dinner and one crockpot meal

I have been struggling with my weekly menus since there has been too many unplanned changes by dinner time

Becky

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 5:36pm

Sun: Lasagna w/ garlic bread and salad

Mon: Chicken Fajitas w/ spanish rice

Tue: Kiebasa w/ saurkraut and spinach

Wed: Baked Marinated Salmon, Cous Cous, Veggie

Thurs: Spaghetti w/ meatballs

Fri: Leftovers or Pizza

Sat: Party at my Uncle's House 4 hours away, so eat there or on the road.

baby

Edited 2/14/2010 5:37 pm ET by elvenbeauty18

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 6:40pm

Heather, what will you be marinating the salmon in? I bought some at the store today b'cuz it was on sale, but I'm not sure what to do with it :(

Sunday: Steak, Garlic-Herb Marinated Shrimp, Garlic-Herb Marinated Potatoes, Broccoli with Cheese . . . and Peanut Butter Pie (with Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust)

Monday: Going to Fridays - we have an $8 off coupon that expires Wednesday and we have a $25 gift certificate (from mypoints) so we shouldn't have to pay anything

Tuesday: Chili for DH; Corned Beef and Cabbage for me (neither of us likes the other's dinner, lol); Alexis will probably have left over spaghetti or grilled cheese or something easy

Wednesday: Hamburgers, Tater Tots, and Green Beans

Thursday: Hot Dogs, Mac-n-Cheese, and Cauliflower

Friday: Chicken (Marinated in Italian Dressing), Broccoli and some other side

Saturday: Marinated Pork Chops, sides TBD

Sunday: Steak and

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 6:52pm

I use the Lawry's Marinade. All the flavors that I have used have been good, just pick your favorite. You find this marianade in the ketchup aisle in the grocery store. I use it all the time. Half a bottle is all that you need to marinate in for a family size portion.

HTH

baby

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 7:23pm

Sunday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 8:08pm

I love salmon! If you don't want to use something store-bought, let me know. I'll dig up the recipes I've tried & post them for you.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 8:29pm

Sun - we're just snacking on stuff all day from the fridge and pantry - one of those wacked out schedule days.

Mon:

--Jenn

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 8:52pm

For salmon filets, I just brush with olive oil then shake on a little onion powder and garlic powder, kosher salt and cracked black pepper, and dill (fresh is best, but dried is usable) - sometime I sprinkle on a little paprika for color. After cooking, I squeeze fresh lemon on the filets.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:51am

Sunday: tortilla soup with sub sandwiches (I'll fess up here, we got Subway, but did the $5 footlongs, so for $10 had yummy sandwiches...not sure I could have pulled that off with $10 from the deli.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 9:51am

Sunday- I did a special v-day dinner for DH so we had lobster raviole with vodka sauce, cesar salad and bread sticks

Monday-

button13.gif picture by stephanienegron

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 10:03am

About your Thurs. and no time for dinner---When that happens here, we'll just do more of a *healthy snack-y* dinner. Fruit, veggies & dip, string cheese, cheese/sausage & crackers, cereal, etc. Something to tide them over until we get back home from all the activities. At which time we do another *healthy snack-y* thing. My 2 youngest love this and so what if they don't get a *real* dinner once in awhile??? Just a thought from a slacker mom, lol!

And, wtf is the 4-day diet??? Never heard of that one!

Kelly

Pages