Nancy mom4099

iVillage Member
Nancy mom4099
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 1:27pm
I hope your son knows that he is a special person. He will do just fine & get his dipolma. Too bad the scchool chose to put their head in the sand, too many school do this & it's sad. Does he have any plans for after GED?
iVillage Member
In reply to: kathy_in_ga
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 9:53am
Thanks for all the great ideas. I will check into an on line program and night schooling at the college. Yes, he was home schooled but I really wanted to develop his social skills. You understand what I mean? His academics aren't an issue-it has always been his behaviors!

Keep in touch and I will do the same.

PS Tony will be 18 next month.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 4:55pm
Nancy, I think I missed something. How old is your son? Also, if he has college asperations and is bright, could he homeschool? In addition have you considered a home study for the GED? All the classes do is prepare him to pass and keep track of which parts he passes. Could he do this at home? Call that community college back and tell them exactly his age and situation. I bet they can point you in the right direction. Or maybe they have an online study program. Also, a lot of Community Colleges have an evening high school which may be more age appropriate. Hope this helps! Sio
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 12:11pm
Thanks I will do just that. He has some good contacts at the stadium so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hugs,

Nancy

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 10:25am
Boy have I been in those shoes. My son (7 1/2) will sleep for 3 hours & wake for the rest of the night. One of his meds is supposed ot help with sleep, but every once in a while it does noting for him.

I am from Fl. Gainesville & then Jacksonville. Only moved to SW Ga the last 9 years. Glad your son has the resources to pursue his career. That's just wonderful, I hope the stadium is open to this. Tell the announcer that he can be his mentor.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 9:55am
We live in Florida where a major league baseball team has spring training every year and we have a minor league team as well and that is something we are working on. Thanks for the support. He hs spoken to a few people at the stadium about guest casting in the booth. I'll keep you posted.

Rough night last night-no sleep-he has always required little sleep but last night he didn't sleep at all. Very unsettling! It only happens very rarely but I am EXHAUSTED today!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 4:31pm
I'm sure he'll do wonderfully. Is there some way he can meet a sports caster? That would be great, he can ask questions & learn about the profession.

Edited 4/9/2003 5:15:53 PM ET by kathy.in.ga
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 2:16pm
Yes, he does - he's brilliant with sports figures and sports data and wants to be a sports broadcaster in the next few years. Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot!!