Avatar for kathyjoenathan
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-04-2003
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 10:47pm

I'm not trying to "start" anything here just wondering --

I always see it recommended that people take their child to a Neuropsychologist and I feel like maybe other Dr. specialities should be mentioned for a few reasons; for us, Neuropsychologist are not covered by our insurance and even if they were, there is not one close to us.


iVillage Member
Registered: 06-10-2007
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 11:23pm

Although some insurances don't cover Neuropsych's, some do, alot of them. I personally prefer them to a Neurologist because all the testing and observations can be done in one place .

A child may HAVE ADHD, but it is not what they ARE. Never tell a child they ARE ADHD.