Lyme Disease - anyone with experience?
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 06-17-2014 - 1:17pm|
I found a tick on my DD yesterday, removed it (ended up squishing it though) and called the pediatrician. She thinks it's a deer tick. So I found a county run mosquito service that tests the ticks for lyme disease (small fee). My question is though, if the tick comes back positive, do you think (or should I request?) the pediatrician will start treating her for possible LD or wait out to see if the symptoms appear? The tick was only on her for a few hours at most, and wasn't/isn't engorged. I just know that the earlier the treatment the better. But at the same time I don't want to start her on an antibiotic treatment unnecessarily that could hinder her tolerance down the road (is that possible?).