Lurker with a question
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 11-24-2004 - 3:09pm|
Hello, I'm just popping in with a question to see if anybody has any advice for me.
I have an almost 2 year old son. He has:
mettatasis adductus (corrected)
chronic constipation and abdominal pain since birth
bilateral undescended testes
mild dsymorphic facial features (arguably!)
hypotonia and hyperflexibility
scoliosis and high arch in foot
developmental delays - not walking yet and only has about 8 words. Only can say 2 consonants. doesn't engage in age-appropriate behaviour.
OK - now that was just the background. What I would like to know is whether you think he has sensory issues. Here is all the stuff that bothers me about him:
1) Since birth, he has hardly ever let me sing to him. As a baby, he would cry if I sang. As a toddler, he hits me or says "omo" (no more).
2) He only seems to laugh when other people fall over or scream in pain. When he was younger, I would try to make him laugh by deliberately hitting my head on the wall and screaming "oh sh*t".
3) He doesn't like me kissing and cuddling him.
4) He lets me read to him sometimes but not regularly and often loses patience after a few minutes. These days, he insists on holding the book himself.
5) He hardly ever sits on the floor and plays with a toy. Sometimes he will push a car around or a ball along. Usually he just crawls around the house moaning!
He has great communication skills and very good social skills with adults and eye contact and all that and I know he understand most of what I say to him and he can do actions to Wiggles songs on the video and he loves roughhousing with dh and his older brother.
I would appreciate any opinions you have.