WWYD?

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-01-2004
WWYD?
8
Wed, 11-03-2004 - 12:41pm

Olivia's evaluation is scheduled for Mid-Nov but I just found out that my DH can't make the appointment.

               

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-30-2004
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Wed, 11-03-2004 - 12:51pm

Go!!!!!


OK, what I meant to say is, I'd go..


if possible get yourself a micro-recorder & tape the session. It takes so long to finally get that appointment, and even though your husband is probably feeling awful about missing the appointment, your first priority I'm guessing is that baby! ......... (must add) I also don't want to negate the contribution of your husband, that is integral as well -- I sense that the two of you spend a great deal of time planning & discussing for Olivia & I'm sure that you'd be a fine representative of your collaborative feelings..


I'm sorry that he can't go - it's great to have someone when & if you get the jitters..

View Raw Image' jQuery1221393579256="17">

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-20-2004
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Wed, 11-03-2004 - 5:16pm
Rachel,

I would probably keep your orignal appt. - unless your husband feels very strongly about attending it. Could you record the session? It stinks to have to wait another month and with Christmas (like you said) there is going to be so much going on. G/L with your decision.

Kim

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-01-2004
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Wed, 11-03-2004 - 8:05pm

Thanks Colleen and Kim!


I am going to talk to him about it tonight.

               

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2003
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Fri, 11-05-2004 - 7:14pm

Is this Olivia's eval for sid? When David had his done I was not allowed to observe what they did. All I did the whole eval was to fill out paper work and read some. I had to come back about 2 weeks latter to go over the results. If this is what you will be doing then I would definitely stick with the original appointment.


Then your dh could maybe go to the one where she talks about what your dd needs help with.Gl


Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Sat, 11-06-2004 - 9:41am

Just my 2 cents - I think I would keep the first appointment, all things considered.

rose   (

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-01-2004
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Sat, 11-06-2004 - 2:42pm

Rose and Dawn, thanks for your input.

               

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-30-2004
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Sun, 11-07-2004 - 12:52pm

Hey Rachel!


I know that decision must've been difficult, I'm glad that you decided to go still! I'm sure that your husband must've been pretty sad as well having to be in the spot he's in -- I know my DH Tim at times feels as though he's an observer!..........


You'll be ok &

View Raw Image' jQuery1221393579256="17">

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-01-2003
In reply to: cl_publicizer
Mon, 11-08-2004 - 3:12pm
I know it was a tough decision but I would have made the same one. In fact, when Makenna was evaluated, my dh was at work and I filled him in on how it went. I like the idea of recording the sessions and might start doing that for Makenna's OT sessions because dh is at work during them and always comes home asking what we did, what was said, etc and I have become a virtual tape recorder myself--rewinding in my mind and repeating to him! lol!

Regarding her evaluation, I didn't have to leave the room for them to do it. Actually, they came to my house (and so does the OT and speech therapist for sessions) and I sat in the living room with dd when evaluations were done. They could not touch her or anything and all the OT had to do was watch Makenna for a while and "try" to hand her textured toys, noise makers, etc. It was quite obvious to them she had SID (as told to me). But, we did have to wait a couple of weeks before the "official" report came back in writing. Good luck! :)

Shanna & Makenna (19 months)

www.littlemakenna.com