Federal Funding

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-27-2006
Federal Funding
Mon, 04-21-2008 - 10:23pm

I am new to this board, but have a question that I was hoping someone would have a answer to, or possible a suggestion....

I currently take care of a autistic guy every other weekend. It is set up as respite, but is a little different then your typical respite case. You see, the guy we take care of is not allowed to have ANY contact with his parents. His custody of the state, and the state pays us to be his family. He has been a part of our family for 4 years now. But now we are out growing our currently home, because the government requires us to have him have his own room and no more then two people can share a room. so we can't have our 3 dds share one room.

We are currently getting ready to sell our house and move, but I heard from someone that there are ways to get the government to fund some of the higher mortgage costs, because it is making it possible for me to keep him. I have tried calling a ton of people in regards to this, but haven't found anything. Does anyone know anything about this?


Lilypie First Birthday tickers