Happy Monday! 2/18 chat

iVillage Member
Happy Monday! 2/18 chat
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 1:29am

Hi ladies! Seems like no one has been able to log in around here?? I just didn't have the time to try a million times last week but lo and behold tonight it worked for me!

The kids and I have had colds but luckily we seem to be on the mend, it wasn't too bad of a bug. I've just been exhausted lately so I tried to catch up on sleep this weekend. Drove the kids to their faith formation class and turns out they didn't have class today which was a pain! SO we went out to eat instead... though it was a 40 min wait for a table and by the time we ordered the kids were so hungry and getting fussy. we did not time it right! But we had a great meal anyway. Not much scheduled for Monday... catching up on laundry and watching the walking dead with DH after the kiddos go to bed, woo!

What's everyone else up to?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 8:26am

hello! I couldnt get on last week either-so annoying! we are at a waterpark hotel. Waiting for the kids to wake up to go swim before heading home. we were at my parents cabin Fri and Sat. went snowmobiling-so fun! Hope everone can log in this week!

Photobucket >Blinkie Maker
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 11:19am

So Jen-- does this mean that things are getting better ???  I hope so !!!  I've been praying for you !!!

Tracie !!!  Have fun !!!!  Waterpark... great way to spend the day.

DH took an unexpected trip to Dallas this morning-- work called and said he needed to go-- it would have been Paris, but his passport wasn't back yet (renewal)... so, instead he got Dallas (bummer)... anyway, in true form, I plan to be a maniac and get that bathroom painted (when the kids are in bed) AND the office will be a vision of loveliness !!  (I know-- so lofty).  

So, I did something totally nuts yesterday---  I signed up to be a 31 consultant !    Tracie and Jen would remember Lori from our PAL days...and I told her if I ever signed up, I would be on her team....  so, no-- I complain all the time about not having any ME time, and so it should be interesting... but I also feel that I need to contribute financially to some of the big things we have this year (did I tell you that our plan is to go to Vegas for our 10 year and have Elvis renew our vows at this little white chapel??  It entails that I LOSE WEIGHT because I want a fab dress !  We are bringing the kids-- but I think I have a friend that will Nanny for us)... then we have a surprise trip to Disneyland this fall for Ava (#7 birthday-- has to be over the top !!!).... and there's that diamond anniversary band, too  (wink)...   Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  I love their bags and so if nothing else getting the discount will help !!  LOL.

Happy Day !

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 2:21pm

Good to hear from you Jen. I've been wondering how you have been doing. Bummer about the cold but glad your all getting better.

Tracie you have been one busy lady. Hope everyone got up in time so you were able to enjoy the waterpark more. Which one did you go to?

Wenz you are ambitious. Good luck getting that all done. Maybe being a consultant will give some much needed me time along with some adult contact.

We went cas shopping this weekend which was actually kind of fun. I think we have it narrowed down to either a Toyota Sienna or a Dodge Durango. I want the Durango and DH wants the Sienna. You would think it would be the other way around. Still trying to organize and move things in the house. Starting to see and end to it though. Must complain for a second here. DH is graduating from grad school soon and they do a dinner for the students and their family. You would think they would release the date for that soon but no. DH doesn't think he'll find out until end of March. Normally I wouldn't care but we need to plan my sister's and future BIL's bachelor and bachelorette parties. Both need to happen in May. This dinner more then likely will be in May as well. Just way to many things going on.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 7:39pm
Yes, things are getting better here... moving in the right direction at least :) Tracie, yay, hope you had fun at the waterpark! Wenz, bummer about DH, Paris would have been way cooler!! Good luck with your projects while he's gone! Heather, we are car shopping too for a new "big family car"... we've narrowed it down to the VW Eurovan, Honda Odyssey, or Toyota Sienna. I like driving the Eurovan the best, but it doesn't get as good of mileage as the Sienna and is harder to maintain... so we're undecided still!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 10:29pm
Car shopping is fun! Those are both nice. Good luck choosing! We went to The Edge in Duluth. We just love it there and go every few months. Much nicer in the summer of course though!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 10:31pm
Congrats! That is exciting!