FHE 9/13

iVillage Member
FHE 9/13
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 11:01am
I'm kind of in a slump and not sure what to do for FHE. So, what is everyone planning for Family Home Evening this week?

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_dsam4
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 7:16pm

Our FHE is going to be about how we talk to each other and how our attitudes are affecting by the way people treat us and those around us. Because Daniel got his wrist and arm slammed in the back door of the van and Cassie was really mean to him about it(she did it) but used a horrible attitude to say sorry, it was dispicaable.

So we are going to focus on that and work from there and we may just end up in the ER too, what a great way to have FHE.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 8:37pm
ds' birthday is on Sunday, so we are putting his birthday package together.
Daisy Siggie

Daisy Siggie

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 11:18am
We were going to have a talent show but DH never came home from work in time. Instead, I took the kids outside and played WITH them. Baseball, catch, basketball, the kids danced... then inside for pumpkin pie. It was fun. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 3:16pm

We talked about keeping the commandments from Nephi where it says that God gives us commandments but then makes it possible to keep them. My husband made it more real to the younger kids by talking about if he had told them to go to the ocean and stay on a certain path and he were in an airplane and could see the ocean but they had to cross a mountain to get there. He couldn't talk to them but had a walkie talkie and could talk to other people that could talk to him. There would be forks in the path that might look easier and look like they still went to the ocean but they still needed to stay on the straight path. He might tell them to climb up a cliff that seemed pointless to climb but they might not realize that climbing the cliff was saving them from being eaten by crocodiles...that type of thing. It was our first family night with our foster girl and I think it went pretty well.

Sandra