FHE Ideas for 2011

iVillage Member
FHE Ideas for 2011
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 4:32pm

Do you have any new ideas for Family Home Evening?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-10-2011 - 10:44pm
We watch a few General Conference talks off youtube on our TV. Oddly my young kids LOVE this.

Write letters to family members, and missionaries. People don't send letters like they use to, so they mean more when you do.

write topics or stories on word strips in a jar and draw from them every week

We do this every Friday on top of FHE, we all sleep in our family room and watch movies until we fall asleep. Its like we are having a family sleep over. Our kids love it and it de-stresses me as well.

Work on a family journal. Perfect for families with little children that can't write. Have them say something fun they did that week, and something they didn't like. After you write it for them they can draw a picture of those things. Tell them how important it is to keep a journal.

This one isn't necessarily for FHE, but doing interviews with your children. Whether you decide to do it once a month, or once a week, you interview each child individually and see how they are doing in their lives. You can keep a binder for each child, and keep track of some of those things. If they have questions about things you help them find those answers. You help them set goals and achieve those goals. Depending on their age, see how they are doing with their scouting, YW stuff etc. You can even go over different scriptures/church manuals together during your interviews and discuss them with that child. Talk about school work, and grades, etc. Obviously what ever the child needs in their lives.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2011 - 9:15pm
I LOVE the family sleepover idea!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2011 - 9:22pm

FHE is a challenge at my house.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 4:58pm

We're still struggling with FHE. DH isn't quite enthused about it so it's typically up to me to do it all. I bought a cute wood/magnetic FHE board to try and set up a system where I can assign certain parts of FHE to the kids. I need to make magnets for each child and get that system started. We have some evenings where we do

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:21pm

Crystal, it sounds like you are doing great for your situation.

Photobucket