Check In and Chat -- Week of 11/24

iVillage Member
Check In and Chat -- Week of 11/24
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 12:02pm
Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or the drink of choice and join us for a break through out the week. Tell us how your week is looking. Are you cooking Thanksgiving Dinner? Guests? Are you traveling? How much time do the kids get off from school/Daycare/Preschool? If you work, how much time do you get off?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2008 - 1:14pm
Well I ended up sleeping in. It was just too nice to pass up and there wasn't anything other than a pre-lit tree that I was that interested in. And even the pre-lit tree was okay to miss. So right now I'm enjoying my coffee, the kids are hanging out watching Disney Channel and dh is doing some on-line shopping.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-27-2008 - 2:35pm
This week was a fast yet busy one. I cleaned the house in preparation for my inlaws visit and getting ready for the holidays. I've done a ton of laundry and it seems like there is still a ton to do. Thanksgiving dinner will be easy as bil is deep frying the turkeys and sil is making most of the rest of the food. I'm bringing over the potatoes to roast after the turkeys are done. I'm also responsible for the cranberrys, bread, coolwhip and vanilla ice cream. This is an incredibly easy Thanksgiving for me. Friday, sil, mil and I will be heading out for some shopping. We are laid back shoppers and with the three of us we can get in the long lines when we are about half done and take turns finishing up, lol. The guys will join us at some point for lunch out and we will probably take the kids at that time. Unless we are done and then we'll take the kids home and let the guys go out.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-27-2008 - 2:29pm

I hope you are enjoying the day at your inlaws. Also hope you enjoy the game later tonight.

I enjoy shopping on Friday but I rarely have things I have to have that make me get up at 3am and have me waiting in line. I will wait for a few things. Last year I ended up getting the last of some item at Office Max and the person before me got the last camera with the free printer that I had been eying. Didn't upset me at all though a few people behind me were upset. I will probably hit ToysRUs sometime before noon and get some of the legos they have on sale. And I'll probably be inline at Kohl's getting some deals on clothes. Oh wait I do have to get up and head over to Osh to get a new artifical tree before I head out with my sil and mil.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-25-2008 - 10:18am

HI, everyone.

momtoAustinnbrandonandtyler.jpg picture by momsfreetime