Week of 12/7 Check in & Chat Time

iVillage Member
Week of 12/7 Check in & Chat Time
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 12:34pm

Come join us for our week long chat thread. I have cookies and fudge to share this week! I am making cookies for a cookie exchange on Friday so I don't need any more cookies laying around tempting me to eat so go grab some. We have m-n-m party cookies, chocolate chips (both with and without walnuts), sandies (otherwise know as either Russian tea cakes or Mexican Wedding cookies), short bread, mince meat squares and oatmeal raisin. For our fudge we have milk chocolate, dark chocolate with nuts and some peanut butter fudge. I also have coffee and a wide selection of teas.

So what do you have on your plate for this week? How is the holiday shopping coming along? Do you participate in cookie exchanges? How many holiday parties will you be attending this year? Any fancy ones?

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-11-2008 - 7:26pm
Got some of the Christmas shopping out of the way so I am not feeling as stressed as I was on Monday. I got Lindsay's big gift (a blue ds) for a good deal. I know what I want to get my son (a new bike) and we just need to go and get it. I'm thinking I may make dh go in to work late and help me pick it out and put it in the garage after the kids are in school. I can put it on one side and toss a tarp over it and it will blend in to the stuff stored over there.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2008 - 11:57am

So far its been an interesting week. After Lindsay's meltdowns last week she has been a happy and outgoing child. Willing to give things a try and if they don't work she doesn't let it ruin her whole day. What a wonderful improvement.

I am currently taking a short break from doing a mid-week clean-up. I'm going to run the vacuum as soon as dh leaves for work in about 30 minutes. Then I'm heading out to do some Christmas shopping before I have to pick up the kids from school. I really only need to run to two stores today, so it shouldn't be a problem.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2008 - 1:01pm
This week I am going to be getting my house back in order and decorated for the holidays. I have cookies to bake/am baking for Friday. I have some fun things planned for both the kids and me after school and home work is done. They will get to help with some of the baking. And then on Sunday we are having a family holiday party up in SF at a cousin's house.