Week of 8/10 Chit Chat

iVillage Member
Week of 8/10 Chit Chat
Mon, 08-10-2009 - 1:18pm

Hi! How is everyone doing?

Pull up a chair, grab a drink and a snack and join us through out the week to chat about what ever is on your mind.

Because its hot in my neck of the woods I have ice tea, iced coffee and lemonade ready to serve for our breaks. If your cold I guess I could turn on the electric kettle and make you a cup of tea or some hot chocolate ;) The treats are fudge brownies and snickerdoodles. Oh and I can't forget the home-made salsa and chips.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-10-2009 - 2:45pm

I'm doing great. Getting my house back to rights after our trip. Happy that the temperature while still hot is cooler than what was forecasted.

My kids are finishing up their summer homework without being nagged.

Now just to figure out what to have for lunch.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-11-2009 - 12:46pm

Today we are meeting up with one of my first friends that we met when we moved up here from Southern California, over 8 years ago. Our boys are close friends even though they don't attend the same elementary school. They did the summer reading program at the library and received their certificates for free personal pan pizza. Traditionally we redeem the coupons together. Its a nice tradition the kids look forward to.

Before that the kids will do their summer homework. Its 5 to 10 minutes in a workbook and then 30 minutes of reading. With Lindsay that is easy because she finds homework and reading fun. Her brother likes reading but not the workbooks.

then in the afternoon we will play around in the splash pool. Its suppose to be hot again today even though right now it feels wonderful.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-13-2009 - 12:50pm
I think I'm going crazy.... I'm looking forward to going to Costco today.