peeing nearly 100%, refuses to poop

iVillage Member
peeing nearly 100%, refuses to poop
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 1:20pm

So he's got the pee thing down with very little accidents. But he refuses to poop in the potty. Our honeymoon is over. I'll ask him about pooping in the potty and he tells me he won't, but he will in his diaper. Of course, he doesn't when he has his diaper on (nap and bedtime), but does in his undies.

I know not to push him. I mean, it's not like I can *make* him poop on the potty, but do you have any suggestions? When he's been dry all day he'll tell me all excitedly and ask if we can go out to dinner (which we did to celebrate his first dry day). I tell him that we'll go out when he poops in the potty and he just says "no". What to do?

Here's a funny story: Sunday I put him down for a nap and realized I had forgotten to put a diaper on him. He stayed dry, but as he got up he started crying, which is unusual. Turns out that he had pooped. But he didn't put undies on when he got dressed that morning, so the poop (which luckily was solid) rolled down the inside of his pant leg. It was much easier to clean up than poop in the undies! lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 8:56am

That's awesome he's got peeing down pat!