Find a Conversation
|Wed, 04-09-2003 - 10:50am|
SarahAnne or better known as luckymommy2003!
Below are a list of questions that SarahAnne answered about herself and her life. Please read through them and then ask her any questions or make any comments! Hopefully this will help us in getting to know her better!
1. NAME & AGE(first and middle only)? **SarahAnne (oneword), 25
2. DH/SO'S NAME and AGE(first and middle only)? **David Luke, 27
3. OTHER CHILDREN AND AGES? **Caleb 3.5, Amber almost 2, Carolyn 6 weeks
4. HOW MANY CHILDREN WOULD YOU LIKE? **I want 5, at this point. DH wants to have 6 or 7, then adopt beyond that, but I don't know about that.
5. ANY PETS? **Nope. DH has bad allergies. I will have a Cocker Spaniel one day, though. He isn't allergic to dogs...he just doesn't like them. Cocker Spaniels are my favorite!
6. HAIR COLOR? **Brown, originally. I ususally add blonde highlights in the summer and then cover them in the fall, so right now my hair is auburn, since I chose an auburn color to color over the highlights this time.
7. EYE COLOR? **Hazel
8. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? **In my FIL's house. DH graduates this spring and we are hopefully moving to Utah where he will hopefully get a job offer. We live upstairs and my FIL lives downstairs, although we do share the kitchen, which is upstairs. It works out fairly well. I'll just say that I was ready to move out after about 2 months here, and we've been here for almost a year! ; ) I'm grateful to my FIL, though. He is a good man.
9. WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU LIVE? **Idaho. Born here, raised here, and like it alot, but ready to move elsewhere.
10. FINISH HIGH SCHOOL? **Yes.
11. WHAT ABOUT COLLEGE? **Have about 2 good semesters under my belt. I was majoring in elementary education but will probably change to early childhood developement if I ever go back. I probably won't, though!
12. OCCUPATION? **sahm
13. IF YOUR COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED,WHAT WOULD IT BE? ***Mystery shopper! You are paid to go shop and then report on the service, selection, etc. You're sort-of a spy! I think they even give you the money and you get to keep what you buy. I may be wrong, but doesn't that sound fun anyway? There was a time when I wanted to be an astronaut, but that'll never happen!
14. FAVORITE TYPES OF MOVIES? **Romantic comedy, drama, and some action.
15. YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS: **Ed, Oprah, and American Idol.
16. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYPLACE IN THE WORLD,WHERE WOULD IT BE? **Europe. I would love a 6-week vacation to travel through Europe and see all the sights. I would also like to go to Jamaica, or some tropical island like that.
17. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? **Hmmm...I don't really play board games. I guess I would have to say Probe. No has probably heard of that one! DH and I like to play Rummikub and Word Rummikub. We also like a game called Mind Trap, although we only read the questions. We haven't ever *played* the game! I really like card games as well.
18. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? ** "O" (Oprah's), People, and Child.
19. FAVORITE SMELLS? **Lilacs, Gardenia, freshly-bathed kids, cinnamon and vanilla candles.
20. IS YOUR FAMILY A CLOSE FAMILY OR NOT REALLY? **Well, it depends on the definition of close. DH's family is the closest I've ever seen. My family...well, we have get-togethers frequently. I'd say we're close as far as spending time together, but not too terribly close emotionally. My sister and I are trying to break out of the mold, though!
21. WHO IS YOUR HERO? **I'm really not sure that I have one. I admire a lot of people, but I wouldn't say any of them are my heros. I guess I would have to say my mother. She has had a very difficult life and has done really well as a single mom. She has the most strength of anyone I know or can think of.
22. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? ** Figure skating, tennis, and soccer. I like the occasional college basketball or football game. I really don't like to watch professional b'ball or f'ball. Well, I do like the Utah Jazz.
23. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? **As late as possible!!! Anywhere from 7 to 9, depending on when the kids wake up.
24. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS? **Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, The Work and the Glory sereies, and most PMA (positive mental attitude) books.
25. FAVORITE FOODS? **Italian food, candy bars (Caramello and Snickers), and fruit. I'm tired of chicken!
26. WHERE & WHEN WERE YOU AND DH MARRIED? **March 1998 in the Boise LDS temple.
27. DID YOU TAKE A HONEYMOON? **Yes. We stayed in a mobile home in the mountains. We opened an account at the video store in the little town nearby and watched about 8 movies over 3 days. There was a lot of snow so we didn't spend too much time outside. We did drive up the hightway to a town and played in the snow and on the frozen lake. It was fun.
28. WHERE ARE YOU IN THE FAMILY ORDER? ** #3 of 4. I have 2 older sisters, 1 younger brother. And a step-sister that's 8.
29. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? **Aries, but I don't believe in that stuff.
30. FAVORITE HOLIDAY? **Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love our family traditions, especially Christmas brunch. My g'ma makes the best cinnamon rolls anywhere!
31. FAVORITE SEASON? **Spring. I love the pretty flowers and trees, and it's almst always the right temperature for playing outside.
32. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE MUSICIAN/MUSICAL GROUP? **Oh, I have many. Barbra Steisand is my favorite by far. I like Faith Hill, Diana Krall, Garth Brooks, all sorts of people and different types of music. I really like classic rock, like Three Dog Night, America, The Doobie Brothers, Crosby, Stills and Nash, etc. I was raised on that stuff! Oh, and I musn't forget Harry Connick, Jr.
33. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES? **Scrapbooking, playing the piano, singing, and spending money! Actually I don't spend a lot of money because we are on a strict budget, but if we had money I would be really good at shopping!
34. FAVORITE NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINK: **Milk, Raspberry lemonade, Sprite, and French Vanilla hot chocolate, thanks to my sister!
35. FAVORITE ALCHOHOLIC DRINK? **I don't drink. I like *virgin* raspberry margaritias!
36. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? ** A champagne-colored '98 Toyota Corolla, brand new. I met my DH 2 months after I got it, we got married 3 months after that and had to sell it (to my mom) because we couldn't afford the payments.
37. WHAT DO YOU DRIVE NOW? **Blue-green '97 Dodge Caravan. DH drives a '95 Toyota Avalon, black.
38. WHAT TYPE OF COMPUTER AND INTERNET CONNECTION DO YOU USE? **A build-your own (I have no idea about computers) and dial-up connection. Does that sound right? (Insert embarrassed icon here!) LOL!
39. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER OF PARENT SOUP? **About 4 or 5 months.
40. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A COMMUNITY LEADER ON ANY BOARDS? **No.
**BONUS....ONE THING ABOUT YOU THAT WOULD SURPRISE US? **I guess I would have to say that all my life all I've ever wanted to be is a mom. But, if that hadn't been how I felt, and if I was just career-oriented, I would have pursued my dream of being on Broadway. I love muscial theater and love performing, although I have only done 3 shows, and even then I was only in the chorus. Well, I did play the lead female-part in one church program. Anyway, I would love to play the roles of Fanny Brice in Funny Girl and Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. Maybe one day I'll have the chance!
Thanks for all the "scoop" on you SarahAnne!
**if you are interested in being a Spotlight Mommy, then drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will fill you in on the details!**