SPOTLIGHT MOMMY OF THE WEEK
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:59am|
Lisa.....or better knowns as mama_lamb! Below are some questions that Lisa answered about herself and her life. Feel free to make any comments or ask her any questions! Hopefully this helps us to get to know her better!!!!
1. NAME & AGE(first and middle only)? Lisa Ann - 34
2. DH/SO'S NAME and AGE(first and middle only)? Michael John - 37
3. OTHER CHILDREN AND AGES? Jeffrey Leo 8 1/2, Nathan Michael - 7 (in 12 days!), Rebecca Irene 3 1/2
4. HOW MANY CHILDREN WOULD YOU LIKE? We're done.
5. ANY PETS? 2 cats: Princess (14 yrs. old!), and Dixie. Nate has fish that keep having fry - I think we're over 10 now.
6. HAIR COLOR? Dirty blond, but I have it highlighted.
7. EYE COLOR? Green
8. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? Married
9. WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU LIVE? Northern Virginia. We're considered part of the Washington, DC metro area by some, out in the boonies by others.
10. FINISH HIGH SCHOOL - Yes
11. WHAT ABOUT COLLEGE - Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Yes, a geek school.
12. OCCUPATION? Now: stay at home mom. 8 years ago: astrodynamic engineer .
13. IF YOUR COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED,WHAT WOULD IT BE? I love being at home and hope I never have to work (for money) again, however, I've thought about becoming a pharmacist.
4. FAVORITE TYPES OF MOVIES? Suspense like The Sixth Sense and Sci-Fi like The Matrix (it's the math nerd in me)
15. YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS: ER, 24, X-files (sob)
16. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYPLACE IN THE WORLD,WHERE WOULD IT BE? Alaska or maybe Australia. I don't like being the 'Stupid American'
17. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Pictionary
18. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? I don't really read magazines. Just the Washington Post Magazine (eh) and The Gospel Advocate (not exactly mainstream)
19. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh cut grass, a wood fire, Dove soap (It's what we used on the kids when they were babies and I can't smell it without thinking of fuzzy heads on my shoulder.)
20. IS YOUR FAMILY A CLOSE FAMILY OR NOT REALLY? We're pretty close considering my family lives 500 miles away.
21. WHO IS YOUR HERO? My mom - she's been fighting breast cancer for 7 1/2 years.
22. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Professional: NASCAR racing, football. Other: my kids baseball games and Tae Kwon Do practices.
23. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 6:30 ish
24. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS? I read so much that I can't think of just a few favorites. I guess I should say the Bible.
25. FAVORITE FOODS? Filet Mignon with bearnaise sauce, bacon cheeseburgers, pizza, cheese, homemade bread.
26. WHERE & WHEN WERE YOU AND DH MARRIED? Oct. 6 1990 in our hometown of Manchester, New Hampshire
27. DID YOU TAKE A HONEYMOON? We went to St. Thomas for a week
28. WHERE ARE YOU IN THE FAMILY ORDER? First. One younger sister.
29. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Saggitarius (I don't believe in that stuff so I don't even know if I spelled it right.)
30. FAVORITE HOLIDAY? Halloween - see below. Plus I love scary stuff.
31. FAVORITE SEASON? Fall
32. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE MUSICIAN/MUSICAL GROUP? REM, U2,
33. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES? scrapbooking, reading, crossword puzzles - the hard ones that I never can solve completely
34. FAVORITE NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINK: Sweet tea with lemon
35. FAVORITE ALCHOHOLIC DRINK? I don't drink much now, but I enjoy an occasional glass of red wine. I used to love margaritas on the rocks with salt.
36. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Chevy Chevette - I called it Daryll. Stop laughing, it was paid for and cheap to run.
37. WHAT DO YOU DRIVE NOW? Toyota Sienna
38. WHAT TYPE OF COMPUTER AND INTERNET CONNECTION DO YOU USE? Dial up modem. It's rated 56 K, but our neighborhood was wired in such a way that we can only get 28.8. Yuck!
39. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER OF PARENT SOUP? Since the beginning of the year.
40. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A COMMUNITY LEADER ON ANY BOARDS? no
**BONUS....ONE THING ABOUT YOU THAT WOULD SURPRISE US?
Despite my 'scientific' background, or perhaps because of it, I don't believe in the Theory of evolution.
Thanks for all the information on you Lisa!!!!
**if you would like to participate in our "SPOTLIGHT MOMMY OF THE WEEK", send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put you on our list!**