Three year old who doesn't play!
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 11-10-2009 - 9:38am|
This is my first post to this website... lets start with a brain buster!
I have a three year old at home that just does not have the desire to play with kids. We pulled him from an in-home daycare about 6 months ago and put him in a public daycare with kids his age and ones that he will be going to school with.
My wife and I were hoping that we could get him in with some kids that he could play with and make friends with because we were noticing that he just didn't want to play with kids his age.
Fast forward to now.... here are some symptoms that we notice with his social life with other kids....
1. Would rather play by himself with a good truck or ball.
2. Talks to teachers and adults more than kids his age.
3. Imitates kids and what they are doing, but doesn't interact with them. Daycare teachers notice that he will watch kids run across the room and my son will follow ten seconds later.
4. Had a birthday party this weekend... sat and cried that kids were playing with his toys. Ended up playing by himself.
5. Language still isn't quite there... still babbles a bit and repeats what is asked to him constantly. But don't get me wrong... super smart kid. Knows how to count to 20 by himself, sings around 10 songs by himself.
6. He will bend over backwards to make anyone happy. Eager to please and will do anything you ask!
Please give any and all recommendations! We are looking at putting him in a "Pre-Pre K" classroom to see if he can learn to play and socialize. I dropped him off this morning and it about broke