Sat, 08-21-2010 - 9:12am

Hi ladies,

A little history -

Had tubes tied after last baby was born 4 years ago -

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 9:56pm
If someone is available to the 1:3 recipients, and you reserve that donor, I do NOT believe that donor would then be taken away from you at that point.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 9:39pm

Susan,

I am going to call my donor liason (Alethia) tomorrow and discuss things with her.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 9:02pm

We had a similar experience, and I was pretty upset about it. The donor I liked w/ the temp p/w was only available in 1:1. Donors don't choose which group they are in, SG does. They told me that placement was based on the donors ability to produce multiple eggs, so for example a repeat donor was only able to produce <10 eggs, she would be placed in the 1:1 or 1:2 program. Regardless, all the seekers in the 1:1 program have access to all the donors, and the 1:2 programmers have access to the 1:3 donors. So, you're basically looking at a depleted # of donors, and competing against all the women in the program. I felt it was a bit of a bait and switch.

I was not too particular about our donor, dark hair & eyes, and we found one a week or two into it, hopefully our FET will work, and we won't have to go into the choosing game.
Best of Luck
Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:18pm
I'm so sorry you;re frustrated.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:47pm

Susan,

I am still finishing up with my mock eep and I am already discouraged regarding the 1:3 program.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 10:27am

As a professional in this field I am happy to share that not only does Shady Grove run a fine donor egg program but their shared-risk program is a safe and appropriate cost management option for those who want to economically plan for a subsequent cycle should it become necessary. Generally speaking, "shared-risks" are an insurance policy of sorts, you pay up-front in consideration of the potential that you will need to do more than one cycle. It is not right for everyone and you will need to decide if, personally, this cost-management option makes sense for you but I did want to post to convey that both Shady Grove and their shared-risk program are regarded, by professionals in this field, quite highly!

Sincerest best wishes for donor egg success!!

Warm regards, Amy

Amy Demma, Esq

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 6:02pm

Thanks so much for the information.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 5:51pm

Kristi
Here are the costs

$29K All-inclusive for 1:3 program ($29 returned if not successful)
$37K All-inclusive for the 1:2 program ($37 returned if not successful)
$21.5 K + costs ($6200 per donor) 1:2 Program ($21.5 returned if not successful)
$18.6 + costs ($6200 per donor) 1:3 Program ($21.3 returned if not successful)

It is a lot of money, but like I said, it is nearly identical to adoption fees for us. We were a little older when we got married, I was 36, but I never thought it would be this long or expensive a journey, 3. 5 years, and so far tens of thousands of $'s.

I am a little leery of embryo adoption, because it seems it is the same amount of hoops that we go through for regular adoption, it was really too much for me.

We actually have an embryo left over, so if it does not work, yes, it's back to the drawing board and the 3 month wait.
Thanks for the good wishes
Susan

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 4:53pm

Susan,

I am still staggered at the cost $$$$ and have not received the different programs based on finances from the coordinator.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 4:28pm
Yes, sorry to say, Apr – Aug. All of our paperwork/pre-reqs were done in April/early May. I selected my donor May 20, the match was complete on June 8, and we transferred on Aug 5, we got BFN Aug 17, and we’re going again w/ the remaining frozen embie late Sept/early Oct. I am on the first of 6 allowed cycles, though, emotionally, I doubt I can do more than 2-3. The DE fee is nearly identical to our adoption fee, so if we go through this to our exhaustion point, we can still use that money for international adoption, it will just be a longer wait. I expanded my criteria to include anyone w/ dark hair/eyes, and over 5’4, it took a couple of weeks for that person to come up, I just had to be patient (which was really difficult, as I am sure you are, we were antsy to get started) They seem to have a good success rate, 70% for this procedure, unfortunately, like all the other treatment options we have been through, we found ourselves on the losing side of the odds, despite our RE telling us everything looked perfect…
I am sure you will find a great donor, you just have to be comfortable w. them, after all this is your baby we are talking about. I liked my donor because she was already a mom, and her application outlined her generosity and good-nature. After going through this once, it is amazing to me everything she went through for us, it is a gift beyond comparison.
-Susan

Pages