donor insemination

iVillage Member
donor insemination
Sat, 06-24-2006 - 8:10pm

Hi Everyone!!! I'm new to this site and thought I would share my story. This seems like a nice way to get support. I'm single and am in the process of TTC with donor sperm. I just did my fourth IUI (1st with clomid)and really hoping that this one works for me. The insemination process hasn't been the easiest for me. It is quite painful. I've been doing research and they say on average that it takes bwt 6-8 IUIs for conception to occur. I will know next week if this last insemination worked.

Z

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-25-2006 - 5:13pm

Welcome to the board lady z:)

I am really new to it myself. The ladies are really helpful. There seem to be many of us who are single and either planning or currently TTC.

Good luck and here is a hope for a BFP:)

Thia

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-27-2006 - 9:07am

Welcome to the board, Z!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-27-2006 - 9:29am

Thank you. I'm suppose to get my period tomorrow. If it doesn't come then I will test on Wednesday. I too hope that this is it because each one of my procedures have been painful. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Z

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 11:43am
I know today is your big day and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! I hope that test is positive!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 12:35pm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

Z

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-02-2006 - 1:33pm

I suggest a painless way: fresh home insemination. I donate to couples and the wife simply inseminates herself with a steril syringe. You can even have a midwife help if you think you need help the first time. Tips: Have the donor provide an STD health exam report, when you inseminate, lie on your back and put some pillows under your butt and leave the syringe in for a few minutes after you inseminate so it doesn't leak out. Lie there for about an hour.

Having a known donor has advantages because you can usually get a better family medical history, you can see his children, and you have the option of your children meeting their bio dad later in life, which is very important sometimes. It is also a lot cheaper.

Last month a lady flew into town for three nice relaxing days and is now due in March. She is so happy. She took ovulex and some other vitamins.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 5:38pm

Hello everyone, I'm single and conceived a beautiful baby girl named Finley that is eleven weeks old.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 9:33pm
Hi, I have a friend who is a secretary at a reproductive health clinic here in Salt Lake. She said that the IUI method doesn't work as well as using the fresh sperm with the syringe or the "turkey baster" method. All I know is that the ladies who I have donated to seem to get pregnant the first time (if they do get pregnant). Each one has been on clomid or Ovulex. Shipping cooled sperm does not work well with me. Fresh is much better. Less stress and more samples and better quality may be some of the reasons. Clomid turns you into a bear, though. Someone said it is "like PMS on steroids."
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 11:18am
Yes, I know that fresh sperm is the best to use. Unfortunately, I"m currently single so therefore fresh sperm is not an option for me that is why I'm going the donor route.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 11:29am
There are a lot of yahoo groups you can join that allow you to send out a request for fresh sperm from known donors. Some of the donors will ship cooled sperm overnight, or you may find a local free donor who will deliver you the sample. I personally only donate to married couples, but many donors don't have that policy.

Pages