Donor is MIA
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 11-29-2009 - 3:44pm|
Well I got a call today I was totally not expecting, and I am totally freaking out. The donor was supposed to go in Fri. morning and she didn't come in, and she called and said she was stuck in a snowstorm in PA. So she was supposed to go in Sat instead, and she never showed, and didn't call. They have left her 3 messages over the course of the weekend and haven't heard from her. We are literally days away from ER. At this point we don't know if she's still taking her meds, if she's okay, if she's on board, but it's not looking good. We actually checked and there were no reports of snow in PA this week, so....
The nurse said she would call me tomorrow after the cycling hours and let me know if she shows or if they hear from her. I am just so sad, angry, and shocked- I can't believe this happened again. That's donor number three and three strikes and you're out. So needless to say if this doesn't happen we're done with this clinic, and maybe done with DE for the time being.
We decided that if this doesn't happen we are going to start over at another clinic, and see if they feel like it's worth trying again with my eggs. The money we would have spent on DE is almost 2 IVF cycles, and maybe another clinc/lab will have better luck getting us viable embryos. I'm trying to see this as a blessing in disguise, or at least as a sign that this is not the right direction for us. Anyway, please just send some prayers that this works out one way or another.