feeling hopeless again

iVillage Member
feeling hopeless again
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 3:19pm

hi again
well, just got off the phone w/ my RE - turns out that the two other women that I cycled w/ are pregnant - of course I am happy for them, but I feel like I am on the losing side of the stats once again.
She also told me that our percentages go down w. the one remaining embryo we have - to 30% - that is if it makes it through the thawing at all.

Ugh, sorry to be such a downer, I am taking this a lot harder than I had thought - I don't know if I have months and months of this left in me :(

I am feeling really sad, and now I have to go to dinner w/ my friend who accidentally got pregnant by some guy she was dating and is due any day now.
-Susan

Community Leader
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 10:21pm
I am so sorry.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 5:06pm

I agree with the above post, the fact she mentioned the "A" word when you are going thru infertility - well, she doesn't sound like someone who is much of a friend.

I am so sorry..... more {hugs}.

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 2:43pm
I am sorry. You are not alone in taking it harder than you thought you would. It is devastating.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 2:30pm

I'm so sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you, Susan.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 9:40am

I too am so sorry that this was not your cycle.It is truly not fair. Nothing about IVF is fair! I am so glad that you are not going to give up. When you do become a mom, you will hold your little one just a little tighter than the rest. I went through infertility treatment for my previous child as well as with my current pregnancy. The heart wrenching pain that I felt every time I saw a mom with 3 small children or the profound sadness I felt at every baby shower, all but disappeared for me the moment I found out that I was pregnant.I am convinced that this is the reason to this day that we are so close. He is at the age where he doesn't want mom to hug him,so I try to hold back, but it is just so hard!!
Don't let anything ever get in your way of your goals and your happiness and steer clear of any "friend" who would be so insensitive to talk about how she considered abortion when she knows that you are trying so hard to get pregnant. I hope and pray that you will get a BFP soon.

Abbie

The ticker URL: http://lbdf.lilypie.com/suiCm5.png
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 1:10am
I'm so sorry it didn't happen for you with this cycle Susan.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 11:22pm

RE told me everything looked great - but that sometimes it just doesn't happen - not so helpful - we will repeat the same protocol. I was surprised at the lack of success with the frozen embies - I was under the impression that the stats would be higher - a tough blow.
My husband brought up the maybe we should stop trying and adopt conversation - but I knowing it will be three years before our adoption would go through, & I am not ready to give up this route yet.

just spent an excruciating evening - she even talked about her early thoughts of abortion. It's not the pregnancy so much, I have been to probably at a dozen baby showers in the four years we've been trying, but the total insensitivity that depresses me.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 8:26pm

Awww, susan you poor thing. I felt sad reading your post. I had 3 coworkers all get PG (after I had told all of them separately we were TTC). One after another they announced their pregnancies. I know how horrible it feels and it even makes you feel bad that you feel that way!!

{hugs}

wedding ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 8:23pm
I'm so sorry to hear that Susan. (((hugs))) to you! Does the RE have any suggestions for your next cycle?
Thinking of you,
Gabrielle

Franklin and Callan

Thanks to MaryTexas for my beautiful siggie!

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 7:41pm

I'm sorry this cycle wasn't a success for you :(

Did the RE say why that impacts your frozen