Has anyone tried Ovulex???????

iVillage Member
Has anyone tried Ovulex???????
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 5:11pm
Hi, I am new to this board. My partner are planning to begin TTC as soon as we find a donor(cross your fingers). In our research we found a web site for Ovulex. It is an all natural supplement that is suposed to increase your chances for pregnancy. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of it or tried it. Would love to hear what you think about it.
Thanks.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 12:52pm

Hi, I am a donor (to married couples) and a lady that I donated to two weeks ago was taking that. I don't know if that is what helped but she got pregnant. Her LH surge was up almost the whole time she was in town. She also took Robitussen.

Another thing -- and this is so simple but know one does it at first -- keep your butt up on pillows (for some reason many forget to do this at first) and also leave the syringe in after inseminating! If you take it out, you take out the plug and a lot comes out!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-30-2006 - 6:39am

Hello!

Mostly a lurker, but thought I'd chime in.

I haven't taken Ovulex, but looked it up a while back.

From what I remember most if not ALL of the ingredients where ones you can easily find in your grocery store or health food store for less money.

Some of the herbs used in it are often recomended to avoid during pregnancy.

Some of the herbs in Ovulex are listed in their scientific name because otherwise people would not pay that much money for Common Parsley (turns out it's one of the main ingredients).

They can offer the great guarantee because A) Most women will never try to get a refund B) Many women probably don't get pregnant because their timing is off. Ovulex comes with instructions which includes information on timing to achieve pregnancy. That alone will help many women (they go on to think that the Ovulex pills have worked miracles).

One of the main herbs I've heard suggested to help fertility is Vitex (Chaste Tree Berry). It's fairly easy to find at healthfood stores. It can help shorten or lengthen your cycle by balancing your hormones. Parsley may even be helpful. It is high in several B-family nutrients that may influence fertility. With Parsley, though, I'd say add some to your cooking or salads. It is pretty cheap. Don't overdo any of the herbs, eat a healthy diet, and keep taking a prenatal vitamin. Avoid things like caffine, smoking, and alcohol.

Hope this helps!

-Deb

AMA
TTC #2
1 DD via DI
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-28-2006 - 6:44pm

I haven't.