Introduction - Considering DE
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 01-16-2007 - 11:59am|
I've been lurking for a few months now. I was on the TTC your first child board for a very long time, but I can't bring myself to post there anymore since my situation has changed so much. In July I was told by my RE that with my high FSH (15) and very low anti-mullerian hormone level (.2), my best route of conceiving is through DE. Initially I was turned off by the idea and wanted to TTC au naturale, but after going through 7 months of acupuncture and 4 months of homeopathy, I'm now considering DE seriously. Finally I'm able to feel excited that this might actually happen! Of course, we have to get over the hump of finding the $$, but it seems this is the best option for my DH and me.
I have a few questions for those of you who have used DE, if you don't mind spending a few minutes responding:
1. Have any of you dealt with high FSH and have gone the DE route?
2. What is the success rate for DE in high FSH women? I'm almost 30yrs old and have never conceived in the past. I'm wondering if there is a relationship of young women w/ high FSH having more (or less) success with DE.
3. How did you decide on a donor? Anon. or known?
4. Are you telling anyone, including the child, that you're using a donor or will you keep it a secret?
5. Are you at all concerned about the outcome for the child if you go the anon. route but still tell him or her? Do you worry about how the child will feel growing up not knowing where s/he gets his/her genetic traits that don't match the father? I have read a lot about donor offspring feeling very angry about not knowing who their other biological parent is. I guess I'm just curious how everyone feels about this. I think I would personally be open about it with the child, but would feel awful if the child wants to find his/her bio mother later in life and is bitter towards me for not thinking about his/her feelings. So, that begs the question -- do I go with a known donor to allow the child to have a relationship with the bio mother?
Soooo many questions... thanks in advance to any of you who are willing to answer me. I really appreciate this board and the wealth of information it contains.
C16 of TTC #1