It's so early, but MAYBE BABY?

iVillage Member
It's so early, but MAYBE BABY?
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 11:59pm

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday, I had my transfer. Our first cycle with two fresh embies didn't work so this month, we used our frozen little ones. 4 were frozen and all 4 thawed well. Overnight, only were were aggressively growing, but he transferred all 4. The other two had not developed, but I wanted them. More of a gesture than anything else.

The transfer this time was different.

It took longer. He used a different cath. It actually hurt a bit and I cramped after. He worked hard to get to the spot he wanted. After resting, DH and I had lunch. I opened my fortune cookie and the first word I saw was "Boy." Below it was the Chinese spelling. Brought a smile to my face. The actual fortune said something typical, but we kept it. Wonder it be something????

So, it's only Saturday night, but since yesterday, I have had severe heartburn. I never have heartburn. I just feel full and crampy. I ate rice today and within 15 minutes had to throw up. It's only been 5 days since the transfer, but they are Day 5 embies (3 days prior to freeze and two post thaw). I wonder if I have a bug or if these could be early symptoms?

Last month, with the fresh transfer, I felt no different at all, except slight breat tenderness, which I have taking the Estrace anyway.

So, it's going to be an interesting week and half-ish wait. I really didn't feel very confident about this one. I figured if the "best two" and "fresh" didn't work, this had limited chance of success.

Now, I'm feeling like I might be surprised if I am not pg. I just feel different.

I babysat my friend's little girl today. My Mom helped since I am not allowed to lift her. We had so much fun (she's 9-months-old). Even though I felt like crap, I kept thinking "Maybe

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed fresh egg donor transfer in 8-09 and it didn't work. Had a second transfer with frozen embies week of 9-20. I joined this boar

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 11:32am
Elle, I started having symptoms 7 days after 5 day transfer.
 Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 9:47am

Thanks! I think it is so early and having symptoms seems not possible, but you never know...

I'll find out soon.

Thanks for the well wishes!

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed fresh egg donor transfer in 8-09 and it didn't work. Had a second transfer with frozen embies week of 9-20. I joined this boar

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 9:27am
I sure hope you are pregnant.

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 9:13am

I don't know if you could be having symptoms yet but I think anything is possible. I hope this is it for you! Stay positive!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005 IUI #1 - chem. pregnancy
IUI #2 - BFN 5/2007 -BFP naturally, m/c 6/07
IUI #3 - BFN
IVF#1 canceled
IUI #4 - 8/9/09, IUI #5 8/10/09 -BFN
Moving forward with DE!
Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005