New Here! Also in need of support

iVillage Member
New Here! Also in need of support
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 4:37pm

Hello,

A little about me:

My name is Stacey and I am new on this board. I was a member of the April 09 pregnancy board.

Get
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 12:37pm

Hi Stacey!!

jodiaug27.jpg Siggie picture by JodiClemens<

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 9:55pm

Hi!

Powered by
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 3:38pm

Welcome!

How great that you are willing to be a surrogate! I'm sure it will be very appreciated. I am egg donor recipient and I appreciate my donor each and every day. Surrogacy takes that to a whole new level.

Everyone on this board is either a donor sperm/donor egg (or combo) or adopted embryo. I haven't met a surrogate yet, so I believe you are the first. I checked and ivillage does not have a surrogacy support board (although they probably should). Fertile Thoughts (another site like iVillage) does have a board. You can find them at http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/surrogacy/. They probably can answer more specific questions you have regarding the process. Your questions are very thought provoking ones, and I can appreciate the care that you put into making this a good experience for you and your husband.

Again, welcome. Let us know how we can support you!

Best wishes,

Gabrielle

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:54am

That is WONDERFUL that you want to help another couple! I am currently pregnant with my first with the help of an egg donor, and have thought a lot about becoming a surrogate when our family is complete as a way to "pay it forward."

However I don't think this is the best board for you, since everyone here is using an egg or sperm donor or embryo donation to become pregnant themselves. I am pretty sure there is a surrogacy board that will be a better fit for you. LOTS of luck!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.