Successes?????

iVillage Member
Successes?????
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 3:46pm

So can any of the ladies who have done donor egg share their success rates with me? how many times did it take you to get pregnant?

I'm trying to figure out which clinic to use. There is a clinic in Syracuse that someone referred me to. They have a program that includes 2 Fresh cycles and all FETs for $16,100. That includes all donor costs but doesn't include meds. That seems very reasonable to me. But I guess i'm wondering if it usually takes more than two FRESH and some FETs to be successful??????

Any thought?
thanks
Lynda

iVillage Member
In reply to: lynnneeee
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 1:02pm

HI there,

I haven't been on this board in months - we used an egg donor and got pregnant w/twins on the first IVF

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 11:00am

Thanks for responding everyone! I'm still in the process of asking questions. It does include everything but meds and upfront hormone testing and SA. It includes all costs for donors and I got to see the donor bank. It was a very good bank of ladies. Loads who have already donated. The donors are screened for loads of things. It also does give me ALL the eggs, it is not shared. They told me they don't like to share cause sometimes it gives ladies a disadvantage due to lower count of eggs to for fertilization. And then there are more FETs. They have a 57% success rate in 2008. I couldn't find stats for the other years yet. I am hearing loads of ladies getting pregnant on the first try so i'm comforted by that. But at least I'd have a back up cycle just in case.

Oh and I contacted Shady Lane, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks for the responses again. It is helping me to choose.

Lynda

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 4:18pm
I got PG on my first DE cycle. We got 21 eggs, 20 were mature. We ended up with 13+ blasts. We transferred two, one "excellent" and one "good" and froze 12. I'm 13 weeks with a singleton. Good luck!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 10:45am

It took me 4 fresh cycles w/ DE to finally get one to stick but they think it may have had to do more with vascular changes due to my age. However they'll never know.

1st DE cycle ws a m/c.

2nd was ectopic

3rd BFN

4th BFP and we have our baby !!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 6:38pm

I got pregnant with my first fresh DE cycle but it ended up not being a viable pregnancy. I think $16k is a good price but be sure of all the points the other ladies made..just be sure you know all that you are getting and NOT getting for the $16k. The extras we found about later were cryopreservation fees (to store our frozen embies) and ICSI was not included and we needed it for the eggs to fertilize with DH's sperm. We are going to try now with our frozen embryos. In December we had 22 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, we transferred 3 and 4 made it to freeze.

Good luck!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
IUI #1 - chem. pregnancy, IUI #2 - BFN
5/2007 -BFP naturally, m/c 6/07
IUI #3 - BFN, IVF#1 canceled-IUI #4 & IUI #5 -BFN
ET 12/4 - Ectopic. Waiting for levels to go down.

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 8:56am
I got pg on the first try with a fresh cycle but m/c at 8 weeks. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with twins from frozen oocytes ( same program as Spencer). 16 k seems very reasonable to me but I would ask questions such as if their donors are proven, are you sharing the cycle, success rates and also hidden costs.
Good luck!
Gabrielle

From Womack DSW

IVF 1# ICSI & AH-BFN 04/08.

After too many failed natural cycles to mention, discover that previously clear tubes have become blocked after surgery to remove fibroids (however, no more fibroids). Decent FSH for 40 year old

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 6:29pm

That's a pretty good price.