Thinking about being an egg donor...

iVillage Member
Thinking about being an egg donor...
Sat, 11-18-2006 - 9:35am
...but I'm still not sure. I am just in the process of filling out all the paperwork for the infertility center. Of course who knows if I will be accepted into the program. I have read other posts about reasons for donating and admit that mine would be both to help others and for the compensation. I have a 5 month old daughter but had a miscarriage prior to becoming pregnant with her. That was very traumatic and I can't imagine women who go through multiple losses and infertility. I definitely would like to help a couple become parents. The money is an added bonus as we could pay off some bills and save for her future. I'm just still a little up in the air about all the injections, u/s, the retrival process and having to work all this around my baby and my work schedule.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-04-2006 - 10:24pm

Good luck with your decision! It would be an incredible gift to someone but it also has to be right for you.

BTW your daughter is beautiful!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-28-2006 - 11:58am

Hi Laurie-
Thanks for posting. I am a recipient of donor eggs, and am now almost 18 weeks pregnant. After also being diagnosed with a chromosome imbalance and 4 m/c in 2 years, we feel blessed that someone would sacrifice so much of themselves to help us get pregnant. The moment the Dr. called and told us how many eggs were retrieved from our donor, I have never felt such an immense feeling of gratitude and wonder at the kindness of what this woman has given to us. Whatever her reasons for doing it, that's personal to her. But she has given us the greatest gift that we could have ever hoped for. It would be a wonderful gift that you are giving to someone!! The best of luck to you!!

D

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-27-2006 - 9:59pm

Hi Laurie,

I hope that you are able to find a good clinic near you to answer your questions about what is involved toto be a donor; the time, medications, etc. to make the right decision. It is a small price to pay for a really huge impact on a couple's life and the financial assistance. I am sorry to hear that you also suffered

Suanne

42 yrs old, DH 41 yrs old

TT

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-26-2006 - 11:27pm

Just wanted to say thank you for even considering being a donor. I just found this site after 4 long years of IF, 2 m/c and 4 unsuccessful IUI's and 2 unsuccessful IVF's.

We are considering adoption but since I had the opportunity in the past to know what being pg is like, I want to experience that again...so we are thinking of going for egg donors due to my age (i'm 42) or maybe doing adoption and DE.

Anyway, it's women like you who will help my and other women's dreams come true in the future. Just wanted to say thanks !

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-19-2006 - 5:58pm
Hi there!
Good for you for considering donating. I just recently finished a donor cycle myself, and would love to answer any and all questions you may have about the process. I was also more worried about the injections than anything else. It turned out that they weren't as bad as I thought, and I think going through this process and putting myself in the shoes of these courageous women has made me a better person. Please feel free to email me if you'd like to talk. ramoyer@hotmail.com
Good luck with your decision!
Rachel M.
momma to Juliana Aeris
10/25/04
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-19-2006 - 3:13pm
Welcome to our board. I am glad you psoted. I m sure it is a vrey big disision to make regarding being an egg donor. A huge comittment for sure. For the ones that do donate are surely giving a mother want to be a dream come true.
e-mail me

jhscalis@wisc.edu