Trying to come to terms...

iVillage Member
Trying to come to terms...
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 7:31pm

Hi Ladies - I'm new here and am so thankful to have found this site.

Whitney
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 9:40pm

((((hugs)))) Whitney!

I think I came to DE w/ a different perspective on DE b/c I am adopted, so I don't have a genetic tie to anyone in my family.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 8:54pm

Hi Whitney,

I understand what you are going through as I have been there myself. I still wonder sometimes if I'll feel differently if we are blessed enough with a child from our frozen embryo that is a donor egg and my DH's sperm. But I finally realized that what I want is a family and if that means using someone else's egg then I'm o.k. with it. Even though the child will not be my biological child it will still be my child because I will carry that child in my womb, I will give birth to it, and I will care for it and love it with all my heart.

It is not an easy decision and it will be something you need to think about and get comfortable with before you move forward. This board is wonderful and these women are very supportive and most of us have been where you are. So ask questions, vent, or just share and hopefully you'll be able to feel comfortable with your final decision.

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
3 miscarriages and too many BFN's

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 8:17pm

It wasn't an easy step for me either.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility