We have six eggs!

iVillage Member
We have six eggs!
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 5:55pm
I just got the call from Shady Grove that we have 6 eggs. The transfer will be either Tuesday or Thursday of this week. This is the first time I have let myself get excited because we were third in line for them, and she was a first time donor. The #'s didn't look hopeful enough for us, so I remained cautious. But here we are, fingers crossed
Susan

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:28pm
What we did was watch the donor list very carefully and frequently to see if anyone new was added daily. Our first cycle we were 1st to pick but were made 2nd because the other couple had had a previous m/c. Then when I m/c every time we picked after that, we were always #1. After 4 tries we finally have our baby---the love of our lives-- who's almost 9 months old.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 5:00pm

I wish they would prioritze by age than I would have a good chance of winning 1st dibbs.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 4:48pm
Yes, that is about right, 60/70% since we were a day 5 transfer. I think it depends on the donor, really, our donor was 27 or so, and it took many many drugs for her to get us our 18. I was actually the first person to choose her, but the women in front of me had failed attempts or miscarriages, and that is how they determined priority – even though I had a miscarriage and several failed attempts, none were with the donor program, so they did not count. (kind of sucks really)
Yes, you have a choice, they recommend 2 for a 3day transfer, and 1 for a 5 day transfer. They made a very convincing argument to do the one, because my chances were 70% , I will not make that choice again. I would much rather have twins then have to go through this for many more months.. I go to Rockville & DC, and my experiences have been very mixed, more negative than positive
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 4:14pm

The RE said my success chances were 50-60%.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 3:44pm

We had six eggs, 5 fertilized normally, 4 made it to the blastocyst d3 stage, 3 were deemed ok for the 5dt, we transferred one, and one of the remaining two was classified as viable to be frozen. The ones that did not make it stopped growing. So, there we are, one frozen embie left. Not the best numbers, but better than I had feared, I have learned to be very cautious on this journey. I was the tertiary recipient, and was super worried as well, my RN told me there was only a 12% chance that we would have to cancel, but being on the losing side of the odds, I did not like that number, but our donor came through, though she went almost a week past the estimated date.

I did do the shared risk all-inclusive (the $29K plan) it just made the most sense to us financially.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 2:15pm

I know this is an old post but I am just trying to understand it all since you go to SG as well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 2:03pm
It's official BFN - we are totally bummed. We will cycle again in six weeks
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 10:17pm

I'm sorry you're not feeling confident but try not to lose hope until you receive an official word from the RE's office.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 11:56am

I'm sorry that you're not hopeful, but it's not over yet.

If you don't get a bfp, I would think you could cycle again right away, but I don't know what the protocol is.

Good luck!!