What would you do?

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-28-2007
What would you do?
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 4:14pm

So we set up our next cycle for January, would love to do it in December but FSA doesn't kick in till January.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-24-2010
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 11:50pm
My FET this past summer was my first try and I put in 3. We are trying to decide if we are going to try again in the spring or not, but I will ask for 3 once again. Want to get the best bang for our buck as one of our doctors put it, lol. We aren't worried about multiples though. We will happily take what we get and DH makes me a princess while I am pregnant anyway so taking it easy wouldn't be a problem. I say go for it and do all 3, it is better than leaving just one, and always worrying that it wouldn't survive a thaw if you should decide to use it. I wish you TONS Of luck in January!!
Rana 42
Carl (almost) 44
Never doubt the concept of a true soulmate until you have experienced. There is nothing like it.
Hoping to have our dream come true......... a child to raise together
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-28-2007
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:50am

I think that is what we are going to do.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-30-2010
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 11:14am

Your doc will be able to give you some good input on this as well. Were your embies a 3 or 5 day frozen, don't know if that really makes a difference. I know clinics only like to freeze ones they believe will make it to thaw, but there is no guarentee.

Sorry, I'm not much help. G/L with whatever you decide. Baby dust coming at you.....
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Registered: 12-18-2003
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 12:47pm
I know with our OE cycles the closer we got to the end the more aggressive got. Initally we would do 2 embies, by our last cycle we did 5! (gulp). My current clinic will not let you do more than 2 unless you say you will reduce if medically warranted and we would NOT so they would not let us do 3. It's all about your risk tolerance for triplets. That third embryo is either going to make a baby or it isn't, whether you transfer it now or down the road, so I don't think transferring 3 improves your chances overall, although it might improve your chances for THIS cycle, KWIM? That said, it sounds like I am telling you to do 2, but if it were me I would probably go against my own better judgement and do 3, LOL!
Cheryl, Mom to 3 year old Aeryn via adoption, TTC since 2003 and finally pregnant via Donor Egg!
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-27-2007
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 1:31pm
I would just go ahead and do the 3 if the Dr is on board. If you only do the two, you will be in my current situation and have that one embie left and wanting to use it, but worried at the same time that the one may not work.

sending tons of baby dust your way
Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker


iVillage Member
Registered: 08-17-2007
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 2:32pm

Kimberly, from what I've seen it may depend on whether they were day 5 or day 3 embies and also their quality before they were frozen.

Me: 36 DH: 35 TTC for 6 + years.  2007-2011: 3 fresh IVF and 2 FET with own eggs; all BFN.  2011-2012: Switched to DE; 3 chemical pg's.  2013: Moved to TX; starting DE cycle w/new RE.  

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-08-2009
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 11:47pm
Kimberly - I would personally do all three. DH really was debating whether to do two for our last cycle - he was worried about mulitples but I wanted the best possible odds and am glad I did two because I only have one bean growing inside me now...