another newbie needing eyes/advice
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 02-28-2010 - 12:45am|
After 6 cycles of actively TTC #2 with no avail and totally irregular cycles, I've begun charting. I think my luteal phase is too short, 9-11 days with my cycle varying from 23-29 days. I'm hoping I can pinpoint my O through charting to determine this so I'm armed with as much info when I see the dr.
So here are my beginner questions:
1. Do you think I O'ed on D18 like FF indicates, or D19 since I had another +OPK? My OPK's are double lines and the 3rd + was definitely the strongest (next cycle I'll get OPK's with a more definitive +/- and hopefully avoid 3 + days)
2. Do you have to take your temp at the exact same time every day or is within an hr okay? I have a toddler and if he sleeps in it's to all of our benefit if I do too.
3. The past week I've been sleeping fitfully the few hours before getting up. Can this effect your temp?
4. How do you temp when you travel to different time zones?
5. Can you recommend a good BBT thermometer? I got on the ball starting this too late to order one in time this cycle and don't know how reliable my therm is, but thought if it's off it's better for the entire cycle to be consistently off (some temps are way low - my thyroid has been tested and is okay).
6. I've read that 100mg of b6/day is a good starting point at extending the luteal phase. The b-complex I take has 100mg of b6. Is that good enough or do I need to take an individual b6 supplement?
Wow, this turned out to be long. Thanks for those who've made it to the end. I really appreciate any and all input you can give me and am so grateful that I knew where to turn with these questions.
Maybe I'll become the charting expert someday :)