2 steps forward, 1 step back....
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 08-30-2010 - 2:59pm|
We are back where we were 3 weeks ago. I have been admitted to the hospital. I went to get my cervical length checked this morning. We have gone from 1.7cm last Monday to 1.05cm today. My stitch has completely pulled through on the bottom and is strung across my cervix, instead of around it. The doctor gave us 3 options:
1. Do nothing. Wait and see what happens. If my cervix continues to shorten at this rate, I will not have any cervix left within about 2 weeks. It will be the end of the pregnancy.
2. Clip the stitch and induce labor.
3. Go in and take a good look at what we are dealing with. If I have enough cervix left, they can try and put in a new stitch. If he can't place a new one safely, he will leave the stitch that is there and we go back to option 1.
DH and I have decided that we want to try. We want the doctor to take a look and if possible, place a new stitch. They are going to start me on magnesium before the surgery to try and prevent the complications that we had last time.
Please pray ladies....it looks like I'm going to need another few miracles.