Find a Conversation
|Thu, 08-12-2010 - 1:44pm|
I am still in the hospital. We are at a "take it a day at a time" stage. It looks like the cerclage may be failing. I have dialated to 1cm, but hopefully that's as bad as it's going to get. We'll see. The doctors keep using words like "vaiability"....it's all very surreal. Is this really my life?
I am still on strict bedrest....not up for ANY reason. Yay for bedpans, right? The docs still think I may have an infection, but up to this point, DH and I have decided against letting them perform the amnio that would tell them for sure. I am not showing any outward signs of infection. I do not have any bleeding, fluid loss, tenderness or fever. Also, my contractions have stopped since about 3pm yesterday afternoon. We're in a better place than we were 24 hours ago, but it looks like this is going to be a challenge to get back to a "safe" place.
On the upside, if things continue going in the right direction, they are concidering moving me to the antepartum unit (right now I'm staying in L&D). They would still keep a close eye on me, but I wouldn't be wearing the contraction monitor 24/7 and I wouldn't be hearing all the babies being born.
I am pretty numb right now. I had a really bad anxiety attack over everything yesterday and they ended up giving me some Ativan. I felt guilty for it, but I figure that the med put less stress on the twins than my anxiety would. Plus, it allowed me to sleep for the first time since Sunday night, which I am sure is helpful.
Thank you all for your prayers and support, you have no idea how much it means to me. I hope you all are feeling good and having a great week!