Find a Conversation
|Tue, 08-10-2010 - 9:28am|
Good Morning Ladies!
We made it through the night. It was rough, to say the least.
They waited until 8pm to do the cerclage, because they were waiting to see if my contractions started up. I had 4 in about 5 hours, so that was ok enough for them to move forward.
The procedure itself wasn't all that bad, I did have some anxiety issues during it because of my severe chlostrophobia (sp?) so they did give me a small dose of Versed(sp?) to help.
The trouble started after the procedure, in the recovery room. I was having contractions that were lasting 50 seconds and they were about 2 minutes apart. We knew going into it that it may be a complication, but I don't think any of us expected what happened. It took them 6 1/2 hours to stop the contractions. It had gotten to the point of them starting to discuss taking out the cerclage to prevent tearing if my contractions didn't stop within a certain amount of time. Thankfully, they finally stopped, and the pain went away (contractions-- like, real ones, hurt really bad....) I was still numb and so they put in a foley to empty my bladder. The nerves freaked out and I ended up having severe bladder spasms. (joy!) I am having some bleeding, but from my understanding, given what was done, it is a very small amount and should clear up by the end of today.
I have been up since 7am yesterday. I actually feel pretty good, concidering. I do have some relief from the cerclage. I no longer have the pressure I was feeling, or the low vaginal/crotch pain I was having.
They are going to keep me for a couple days....we're not out of the woods yet. They are concerned with the possibility that I may have an infection inside my uterus that caused all of this in the first place. The only way to tell for sure is to do an amnio. If they find out that I do have an infection, they will induce labor and we'll be done with the pregnancy. They cannot treat the infection while I am pregnant, and a uteran infection can be deadly if left untreated. DH and I are choosing to do the "wait and see". We don't want to do the amnio because of the risks, especially concidering the past 48 hours. If it turns out I do have an infection, it wouldn't change the outcome anyway, and if I don't, we've saved ourselves the risk of an invasive test.
I appreciate the prayers....keep em coming! They definitely worked last night, that's no doubt!
I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!